FBI officials Lisa Page and James Baker resign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Apple OC, May 4, 2018.

1. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Probably getting out before the OIG report drops ... seriously though, did they really think they were going to take down the President?

Lisa Page, who served as an FBI lawyer and close adviser to former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, voluntarily resigned Friday.

James A. Baker, the former general counsel for the FBI and one of former FBI Director James Comey's closest advisers, also resigned.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/04/politics/fbi-officials-lisa-page-james-baker-resign/index.html

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Rut row. Better get Maaco!

Let’s see where the media goes now. LOL

And people think Trump is trying to give the FBI a black eye. They can’t get out of their own way. Maybe some of these clowns will actually end up in jail. That would be epic. Hillary can pardon them when she gets elected president of Ft. Leavenworth. LOL

3. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

4. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

probably despised by all the good officers working around them for what they've brought to the FBI's reputation.

gotta be pretty uncomfortable after their hatred for the President was exposed... plus, being connected to nut job liars McCabe and Comey doesn't help.

The MSM may be Trump haters 24/7 ... the FBI is not.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

OIG report is supposedly close at hand.

6. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Something stinks at the FBI right now. I think we have a right to know what’s causing it. Send in a plumber.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Having Trump and his loyalists in charge of ferreting out problems in the FBI is like the mafia investigating corruption in the police department.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Are you saying there are problems at the FBI but Trump isn’t the one to fix them?

10. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Nope he’s saying that Trump is nothing more than a two bit mobster. A traitorous one at that.

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Oh. So everything all good at the FBI?

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

This is what we need more of, neutral non-speculative comments, lol. :rolleyes:

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Or maybe they got sick of partisan hacks spreading this sort of scurrilous nonsense about them?

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Here’s one. I hope it helps. :confused:

15. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I do have to take back my previous comment about you never having the glass is half full optimism.

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Yes, thank you, it supports my position. I know you would not call me partisan simply because I called a documented snake a snake. You disagree that Obama was respected around the world? This in contrast that these FBI people who resigned were despised by co workers. I have more documentation to base my comments on.

17. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It’s called reality. You may want to look into it some time.

18. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I don’t know how much they were despised. But I have no doubt at least some of them must have some bad feelings toward the Comey/McCabe/Strzok/Page click that has brought the kind of negative attention they have to the FBI.

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Would you speculate that the bad feelings are because they have brought legitimate bad attention to the FBI or they are pursuing the innocent, persecuted, completely honest, doesn’t know any Russians, head of the GOP?

20. raqball macrumors 68000

My guess is the FBI already has a whiff of what the OIG report will say and I assume it's very damming.. Quit now or be fired in a few weeks. Could also be some sort if internal 'deal' for them to leave early...

I wonder how many will be charged with crimes and then who they are going to flip on.

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

The leaks, using the media, appearances of bias, alleged “stand down” order from McCabe...
    Maybe it’s just that they’ve brought attention at all, either good or bad.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm not sure what's hard to understand here. You can't have administration crooks checking out problems with law enforcement.
    --- Post Merged, May 5, 2018 ---
    BTW, given the hyper-partisan atmosphere this White House has generated, I wouldn't be surprised if even the OIG report comes under scrutiny.

23. raqball macrumors 68000

Of course it will... If it's damming to Comey then (d) will dispute it (he is currently their hero) and if it clears Comey then (r) will dispute it (he is currently their villain).. Welcome to partisan overdose and the Comey (r) (d) merry-go-round ...

The OIG report will be authentic and based on facts. I will personally accept it's findings no matter what they are but many won't..

24. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

So there are problems. Got it.
    --- Post Merged, May 5, 2018 ---
    Wasn’t the IG requested by the Dems at first?

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Definitely support government corruption being tackled.