FBI reveals missing Malaysian flight MH370 was likely pre-planned mass murder-suicide by the pilot

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I think we have a couple pilots in this forum. Any opinions?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/mh370-pilot-flew-suicide-route-on-home-simulator.html

2. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

6 data points out of many.
    The points probably had time stamp on it, so could follow a path.

Still, 1 path similar out of dozens I would not say means anything.

Real question, how would he incapacitate the other pilot?

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

it's pretty easy, especially if the other guy has no clue what you're about to do.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

A very good question. Is it possible that he locked himself in the cockpit, like the German airline pilot? I wonder if pilots are able to reduce pressure in the main cabin. Perhaps he use that to put all the passengers asleep, killed the other pilots, and continued on his doomsday flight. It seems the passengers would have known something was up when their flight continued for hours over open water. After all, they all have GPS in their phones. It's hard to understand why they would not do something, or even try to make a AirPhone call. They must have been incapacitated somehow. Many unanswered questions. It is unfortunate that the search is about to end, because I think we really need to find the black box to see what happened.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

My "guess" is that the pilot did the same thing as the other pilot of that other plane that went down. He probably yelled Allah or something..

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Something about a snack bar...

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It certainly is possible. And the Flight Simulator way points seem like a very odd coincidence.

But there really are too many other blank spaces. The guy who made the helpful "How to" YouTube videos didn't strike me as a suicidal mass murderer. The investigators don't seem to have found anything else that would tie him to either radical political or religious groups or thinking. He seems to have a perfectly normal family life.

And if you did want to kill yourself and a planeload of people - why do it in the manner described? I can see one person wanting to just "disappear" - but to take hundreds of other people along for the ride? Usually mass murderers want to leave a pile of bodies as evidence. Not just vanish into a black hole.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Just a guess here but crazy comes to mind.

10. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Here in Malaysia they believe the government - the most corrupt in the history of the country - made this report up to try to put the investigation to bed. No one here believes the story.

11. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

There is controls for Cabin Pressure in aircraft.
    Not sure how much control the crew had for this, if it can be reduced to point passengers pass out.

Because aircraft are metal tubes, GPS is mostly blocked (I know from experience).
    Only holding phone by equatorial facing window could someone get a signal. Besides, remember all those "turn off your phone in flight" messages?

IF, IF the plane had satellite communications it may be possible to contact ground, but there would be 0 cell services.

The search is not completely over, the search area is done. They are reassessing search protocol. Looking at the debris that wash on shore, trying to track currents. Hopefully they have a break.

12. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Just like TWA flight 800, right? :rolleyes:

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

It's seems strange to commit suicide, taking along hundreds of innocent people without writing a suicide note. I feel like people who commit mass murder usually want to embellish upon the tragedy caused and explain their actions.

Something doesn't quite add up here for me.

And the fact we can still lose and aircraft with all the technology we have is quite fascinating.

15. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Bob Wilson discovered the truth... But they whisked him away in a straitjacket!

[​IMG]

16. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

The pilot could have easily set the auto pilot to wherever he wanted to, killed the satellite radios, and depressurized the plane all from his seat.
    Of course in order to do this, he would have to take out the co-pilot.
    The rest of the crew has no way of gaining access to the cockpit once the door is locked.

17. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

It was a very modern plane with a lot of modern technology built into it. Huge planes do not just vanish out of thin air. If you do some research on who the passengers were that were on the plane and all the other mysterious things that happened you will find this disappearance is not not normal. There was foul play involved here. Aside from foul play there have been many people silenced,people that vanished,people that were threatened and there seems to be a few that were killed too.

If you lived in Asia and spoke Chinese as well you would have heard a few more other news sources. The picture becomes more clear when one hears things from more then one 1 source.

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Oh gosh. I remember the TWA explosion. Honestly thought I was watching a bad 80s film at the moment. Had the same thought on the morning of 9/11, granted I'd just woken up.

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The tinfoil hat is too tight.

20. Zenithal macrumors 68040

AF 447 was a A330 built in 2005 and it still crashed due to electrical faults.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I have the raw ATC recording (all 21 minutes of it), and posted that at the LiveATC forums. It actually is very interesting to listen to; not for the morbidity of the lives lost, but how other aircrafts in the area, as well as ATC handled the entire situation. Fascinating listen. I'll pull it and post it if some of you are interested.

BL.

22. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I listened to it then, actually. For months now I've wondered who you were. This post confirmed it. I suspect you'll be trying out Dovetail's initiative of what could only be described as a dumpster fire for the last 11 years?

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Dovetail? Not touching that, even with the Grinches' 39 and a half foot pole.

I already have a decent setup with P3D v4 as well as lessons to continue at VGT through the College of Southern Nevada. :)

BL.

24. Zenithal macrumors 68040

My reaction was the same, actually. The person whom I was speaking to asked me to reconsider when it comes out. After the way people got burned 11 years ago and well into the 2010s, I can't say I give a damn anymore. It's been six years since I touched the software. Offloaded my gear to the next schmuck who thought it'd get better.

25. fedup flyer, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

fedup flyer macrumors regular

The 330 was based and certified on 1980s tech (no mater when it was built).
    The plane did not crash due to electrical fault.
    It crashed due to a double sensor failure (triple redundancy) and the inexperienced relief crew ability to recognize the situation and correct it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2017 ---
    The 777 was certified in the early 90s. Not my idea of modern tech.
    The 787 is modern.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2017 ---
    Yes the crew has control of the pressurization system.

The signal is not blocked. GPS has trouble pentrating the skin of the aircraft. If you are seated next to a window, you can get a GPS signal.

Completely wrong.
    Doesn't matter which way you are facing. Hence the G in GPS stands for GLOBAL.
    As long as you have LOS to at least 3 satellite you can get a position fix.
    Handheld GPS receiver have trouble getting a fix when initialized inside an aircraft when at cruising speed. Cell phones with GPS have a tougher time getting a reliable fix due to the size of their antenna vs the size of the antenna of a dedicated handheld receiver.
    I speak from worldwide experience.

I don't think any of MHs aircraft had sat phone service (other than CPDLC)
    Sometimes you can get cell service at low (under 10,000') depending on how may cell towers you are hitting.
    If only one, you might get service but if you are moving too quickly though the tower's range you won't get service.