FCC/Facetime complaint. At&t called me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmChimera, Sep 10, 2012.

1. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I got a call from At&t about my complaint to the FCC about them blocking facetime over cellular. I missed the call but they gave me a call back number, I called back and there was no answer so hopefully they call back. Anyone have anything they want me to say?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would say they let you facetime till you hit the 3gb throttle cap and then watch you squirm for 2 weeks with dial up speeds.

4. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Well I'm gonna buy the *cringes* iPhone 5 so rumor says that they'll start capping me at 5gb instead of 3.

5. drakestan macrumors regular

You post this in reddit too son?

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah, I doubt that. But it would be nice. :cool:

7. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

No, I'm not on reddit.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

When you call them back, tell them you want your upgrade eligibility moved up and you'll drop the complaint!

Seriously, it probably has nothing to do with your complaint. They're probably just trying to sell you something.

9. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

There's not much of anything that could get me to drop the complaint. I'm thinking the same thing, probably trying to give me a credit or something.

10. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I'm usually not one for class action lawsuits and those lawyers get all the money with the people getting maybe a $5 credit. However, in this case, I believe we are being robbed of our services. Skype, Tango, etc etc can all do the exact same thing over 3g with a non-shared data plan. AT&T is just being ridiculous.

11. dotme macrumors 6502a

I agree with the other posters. They need to be asked why they care how you use data you're paying for.

Unlimited Data: Throttled after 3GB, FaceTime useless, network protected, so what's the problem?

Individual Data: 3GB for $30, each additional GB paid for, so what's the problem?

Whether your paying for data as an individual, or shared, what's the difference? You believe the FCC won't see any difference, and you want to know why AT&T does....

12. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

I'd love more info on how you went about filing an FCC complaint, wanted to do this myself but never have the initiative to look into it.

13. bartonlynch macrumors regular

I got that same call. They made it sound like they might change it.

14. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Just click this link
    You actually spoke to someone? I'm pretty excited about talking to them.

15. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Why do you all with the old unlimited plan think your entitled to everything? It is what it is. Either switch plans or shut the you know what UP!

16. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Keep bending over.

17. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

18. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

an FCC complaint is the best way to get a carriers attention. Back when Verizon only had 1000 text message plan then charged a quarter for every text after I filed a complaint because they wouldn't let me add 2 1000 text plans and verizon corporate called me back and gave me like a free month of service shortly after they introduced unlimited texting.

19. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I don't feel ENTITLED to anything. However, I'm PAYING for Data. How I choose to USE that data should not be the carrier's business.

20. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Precisely. And then to add insult to injury and be told that FaceTime over 3G on my plan is somehow not possible, not usable, or otherwise different from the same feature on a more expensive shared data plan? The just downright asinine.

21. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Maybe someone can explain something to me: how can I get FaceTime over 3G if I have an individual plan?

22. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

AT&T says you can't, but will be more than happy to upsell you to a shared plan for devices you don't have.

23. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

That's what I thought. How the hell can they justify that?

24. CosmoPilot, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012

CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Hence one aspect of the OP's FCC complaint

Wirelessly posted

I've been screening this song and dance about tethering too! When AT&T switched from unlimited to Tiered data, tethering should've been included free because you are now paying for a block of data. It's your DATA, if you go over you pay a penalty so why do I have to pay extra for tethering?

I made a thread about this about a year ago and got 80% flamed. People just can't seem to connect the dots.

It's like paying for gas. However, if you pull a trailer with your car you must pay extra for the gas because it's not as efficient. Or, pay extra if you siphon the gas and use it in your lawn mower.

25. cmChimera thread starter macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I've tried calling back this morning and there's been no answer. Hope they're not blowing me off now that I missed the call.