FCC Net Neutrality Complaint about Facetime (ATT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fins831, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fins831 macrumors 6502a

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/18/open-internet-groups-to-file-fcc-complaint-over-att-facetime-blocking/

It's about time. I am keeping my unlimited data as long as possible and won't be forced into shared data....if facetime isn't allowed on my plan over LTE then I will start skyping or using 3G unrestrictor when its JB time. I mean, LTE has more bandwith, lower latency, and more efficient than old GSM tech and they are being this petty....

I am glad there are methods to get around this, but facetime is just so simple and ATT has def crossed a line and I hope the FCC rules quickly that this is terrible for consumers.

2. julienpdx macrumors member

well personally I'd like to see them knock this crap off and also allow us to tether on the 2GB and 3GB plans. The data is metered, if we go over, we're charged for it anyway--No one needs AT&T to automatically "block" apps on the phone just to keep us from using our data. :mad:

3. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

If you need a different plan to tether and people are ok with that... why do people care that you need a different plan to facetime over 3G? :confused:

Just strange how the public goes crazy over one feature being blocked (facetime) but is ok with AT&T blocking tethering :rolleyes:

If the FCC goes after AT&T over net neutrality on facetime, they should go after them for tethering as well.

4. muteki99 macrumors newbie

Blocking tethering is BS too, its just less people use that so there is less of an outcry to fix it.

5. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Blocking tethering is warranted because you are using your data on another device. People are outraged about FaceTime because it is being used on the same device and services like Skype an Tango are not blocked.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Uhh.....didn't bother checking the front page news of MacRumors before posting this, did ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.