Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
Hi,

I want to do a transition between 2 nested sequences in FCP3 (each nest composed of 3 clips).

When I try to do it, the transition length is always 1 frame or says insufficient content for edit....

Any ideas?

I have done many "transitions" between clips in the past (click on transition, select transition, alter length, etc.... but with the nests it doesn't seem to work (the way I've tried anyway).

Thanks for the help in advance.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
fartheststar said:
Hi,

I want to do a transition between 2 nested sequences in FCP3 (each nest composed of 3 clips).

When I try to do it, the transition length is always 1 frame or says insufficient content for edit....

Any ideas?

I have done many "transitions" between clips in the past (click on transition, select transition, alter length, etc.... but with the nests it doesn't seem to work (the way I've tried anyway).

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hmm. You should be able to do this (At least I think I've done this before...). All I can think of off hand is that there isn't enough time past the out point or before the in point of the clip that needs to be transitioned withing the nest. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, I don't know how better to explain it.

What transition are you doing? If it's a simple cross desolve, you can emulate that really easy by laying the nests on top of each other so that the 'ends' are directly above/below the other. Then you can keyfram the opacity. That way FCP won't complain about not having enough content for edit.

P-Worm

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
gotcha... makes sense, i didn't have enough outside the nest to do it... fixed.. thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.