FCP - adjusting volume levels of movie/attached audio clip

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark2288, Aug 12, 2007.

1. mark2288 macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I'm using my cousin's FCP to work on a video project. essentially i have a movie and i'm placing a commentary along with it.

in iMovie it was easy to adjust the volume levels of the audio of the movie and the audio of the commentary. how can i do this on FCP? i attached a screenshot of my workspace.

thanks in advance.

p.s. i'm using FCP because when i encoded the movie on iMovie by half the movie the audio commentary was out of sync with the movie!

EDIT: Also, I couldn't do this in iMovie but is there a way to have the movie play and put another smaller video in the corner or something??

Attached Files:

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

as far as changing the volume you double click the audio track, then click that little tabe above the preview window that says Stereo (a1,a2) and it will show you the audio peaks with an adjuster line to change the volume

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

For your video question, I think if you open the second video in the left preview pane there, and then Drag it down to your timeline and place it where you want it, then you highlight it, and in the right pane, grab a corner and drag it smaller, then move it and place as you see fit.

Brian