FCP X Question

NjForumRider18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Hey guys,

I bought FCP X when it first came out, worked fine up until recently. Everytime I go to open it, a window pops up that say "The operation couldn't be completed, Invalid argument." I can go on to open FCP, but still, an annoyance. Any clue what this means or what I have to fix?

careypo

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
Look in the Mac App store application to see if there are any updates. You might want to do a repair permissions on your hard drive with the Disk Utility App. Also, it could be a bad preferences file.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Upgrading

Out of the 5 computers I'm allowed to install on, only 1 was able to update via App Store.
The fix was delete original version and re-install update 10.0.1.

NjForumRider18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
FCPX is updated to 10.0.1, OS X is updated to 10.7.2, i will try deleting and re-installing and repairing permissions

pemb145

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
I have seen this message when one of my external drives containing a backup copy of FCPX events was mounted at the same time as the working one - i.e. FCPX saw 2 copies of the same event - unmounting the drive stopped the error message.
Maybe you have a duplicate of an event?

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
I have seen this message when one of my external drives containing a backup copy of FCPX events was mounted at the same time as the working one - i.e. FCPX saw 2 copies of the same event - unmounting the drive stopped the error message.
Aah maybe. I back everything up and dont hide under subfolders.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
This is exactly what happens to me. Whenever I load an external drive it gives me this message, yet the application loads fine and works okay, unmounting makes it go away.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Apple Update 10.0.2 just came out.
Hope it fixes a few of these quirks.

NjForumRider18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Checked on my external hdd/internal hdd, there were conflicting projects/events, deleted the duplicates, works like a charm. Thanks for all the advice guys. (also just updated, so im not 100 percent sure what fixed it haha)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.