Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jerwin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jerwin macrumors 68020

Something that we should all remember, when we go to the polls tomorrow.

Meanwhile....

Trump Closes Out a Campaign Built on Fear, Anger and Division

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Of course he did, he built his campaign on fear and anger. His supporters bought into it hook, line and sinker.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You should edit your quote so that everyone knows it was Muad'Dib.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Oh, Ok then. Regardless of who wins what, nothing tangible will change for most folks anyway. But go ahead and rah rah rah yourself into thinking it matters. If the democrats do really well I suggest hiding your wallet. They’ll be coming for it. LOTS of stuff to pay for and the worker bees paychecks will be the main source of funding.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Like tax cuts that dont cut spending and tariffs that end up costing us more in the long run.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I prefer to pay for programs to assist our citizens than to pay for Trump's golf, his military parade, his ineffective use of troops to prevent a caravan well over 1K miles away traveling on foot, etc.

Oh - and I also prefer not to have a deficit balloon up so that all of our children suffer for it. But sure - go hide YOUR wallet.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah because the Spendocrats are soooooo financially careful with taxpayer money. Are you serious? What citizens get assitance from the Govt? *Needy* people and public unions? Great. Thats such a good benefit to the rest of us.

I dont see how me and other working, productive benefit friom the Govt spending at all. maybe minimally but thats it. We just get the bill.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony of your post is palpable.

9. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Actually, it was the Bene Gesserit.

10. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

In the book, it is printed on page 7, well before Muad'Dib, and it is described as being out of a Bene Gesserit rite. I wouldn't be surprised if it was printed in an appendix to the Orange Catholic Bible.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

He’s a fear monger which feeds into the right wing brain of fearing every thing.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Easy folks - the election will decide how Congress goes for the next few years. It will be interesting if the antagonistic tone of the election will trigger any soul-searching among the US public and politicians.

13. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68020

As for Donald Trump, does he even have a soul?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, I guess when Democrats run ads saying Republicans are going to end Social Security, its not a fear based ad?

15. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Conservatives have had quite a while to show how they will pay for their spending that they've been harping on for the last nearly 10 years now. They failed, and are lying about their voting record in the weeks leading up to today.

What they have suggested, is to take from the working class to pay for their tax cuts. That's their best solution. Cutting taxes during a time of economic growth is a bad idea. Turning around a year later and saying they need to further erode healthcare and other programs in the country looks awful.

The truly *needy* people I see are those who have it all and have to find out how to squeeze another dollar out of the working class.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2018 ---
    Perhaps you missed McConnell's statements on the floor and in interviews? This is not new, this has been an agenda of theirs for decades. Cut or end entitlement programs - cite the deficit as the reason while they vote to cut their own taxes and run off with the wealth.

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I remain agnostic about anybody having a soul, but yes, even he has the capacity to change if he wishes. Sometimes I think he almost gets it. Almost. Then he starts acting like a buffoon again.

17. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Just as a leopard cannot change its spots; Trump cannot help but be Trump.

In terms Trump would understand, Rule of Acquisition #217: You can't free a fish from water.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's the difference. The caravan is not an invasion. They are over 1000 miles away. And most of the participants are not criminals looking to enter the country to commit crimes.

On the flip side - Republicans do want to end or reduce Social Security.

Fear mongering vs Factual information which would induce fear. There's a difference.

19. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Thanks for the laugh. I suppose you chose not to remember that Obama did more damage to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED!!

20. samcraig macrumors P6

21. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to Trump. Trump leads to the Dark Side. Dark Side leads to stupid red baseball caps.

[​IMG]

22. unobtainium macrumors 68020

Lol so funny. Your source is a chain e-mail that circulated in New Jersey in 2012. The claim was and is false.
    Why don't conservatives ever look for reliable sources?

23. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

National debt when Obama took office: $10.7 trillion.
    National debt when Trump took office 8 years later: $19.97 trillion.
    Delta - about $9 trillion. The information is both reliable and accurate.