Fear not friends, I have found a cure for iOS 7's lagginess!

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Stop what you're dong, download accelerate. You're welcome!

Btw, is this in any way bad for your phone or drain battery quicker?

JCCL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
....or just wait until iOS 7.1, beta 5 already runs much better than 7.0.4......

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It really increases the speed of iOS 7. Back to iOS 6 levels if not better.

Was another thread needed? There is a jailbreak sub forum as well.
Sorry I got really excited. Is it true they will never be able to Jailbreak 7.1?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Well if they want to enjoy their phone they will
To be totally honest, I have jailbroken my iPhone, but it isn't because I felt the UI was too slow. I simply wanted to install F.lux.

With all of the features and functions that Apple has added over the last few versions of iOS, there are less and less reasons to jailbreak.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Lag ? What Lag ? I haven't notice any thus far. Will never jail break, and can wait the next few weeks or less for 7.1 for fixes. ;)

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
To be totally honest, I have jailbroken my iPhone, but it isn't because I felt the UI was too slow. I simply wanted to install F.lux.

With all of the features and functions that Apple has added over the last few versions of iOS, there are less and less reasons to jailbreak.
I <3 f.lux. That along with ShowCase are the two main reasons I choose to jailbreak.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Last time I tried fakeclockup and accelerate on my 4s I found both to be quite choppy, no matter what setting. I use hiddensettings7 to speed things up now. Noslowanimations is smooth as well.

7.1 will have to add some real features to wean me off jailbroken 7.0.4, like significantly better battery life. I don't have crashes and I can speed up animations right now.

imagineadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2011
I have a problem where after awhile my animations stop all together and it's instant. Kind of cool at first but I want them back sometimes and I can't figure out if it's a tweak that's installed or what it could be. Any ideas? It randomly happens but it will return to normal behavior after a respring or reboot. I've tried uninstalling some recent tweaks and it still happens.

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
I have a problem where after awhile my animations stop all together and it's instant. Kind of cool at first but I want them back sometimes and I can't figure out if it's a tweak that's installed or what it could be. Any ideas? It randomly happens but it will return to normal behavior after a respring or reboot. I've tried uninstalling some recent tweaks and it still happens.
I get that sometimes, i blame Icon0matic myself.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Even on the 4S. Definitely a big improvement.
Is it possible they could write a jailbreak for it? No matter how fast and smooth the interface is jailbreak will always provide a significantly better user experience.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it possible they could write a jailbreak for it? No matter how fast and smooth the interface is jailbreak will always provide a significantly better user experience.
For 7.1? Sure, it's possible, but we'll have to see if it actually happens or not as it's unclear what it would really take at this point.