(Feature Request) Siri dictation needs a “Go” or “Done” button

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by iFanaddic, Jul 14, 2017.

1. iFanaddic, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Every time I use the dictation feature on my iOS devices, I have to click the keyboard in the bottom right corner in order to execute the action I want to do next..

Here are a few examples of what I mean
    Can anyone tell if I can make this request Apple?

IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg

EDIT: while i’m at it, a delete button would be nice as well. So much wasted space!

2. VSG macrumors regular

For starters, you can send in a "feature enhancement" via the Feedback app.

But I seriously don't get, what your problem is with the new way, dictation works.
    1. If you use dictation it is perfectly understandable that you might wish to pause and then start to dictate again, so not ending dictation by pressing the mic-off button makes sense in my opinion.
    2. (And this is my main issue with your request) There already is a Done/Go button for almost all situations: When dictating in Messages for example, click the blue arrow up right beside the text-input. In your Google Search, hit the blue magnifying glass and your search will start right away. No need to manually end dictation first by clicking the keyboard.

To hit "Done" or that little icon is not really a difference.
    I agree there is a lot of wasted space with the dictation-keyboard that could be used for easier text selection or something else entirely.