Features of iOS7 that I seem to be missing on my iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Phrasikleia, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Features of iOS7 that I seem to be missing on my iPad:

1) Weather app. Should I have one? Where would I find it, if so? I asked Siri to launch it, and she couldn't find it either.

2) Closing Safari tabs. Can't do it by swiping the tab to the left. I have to tap the X in the tab. Am I doing it wrong?

3) Clock: tapping on the city name does not do anything. Supposedly I should be able to change from analog to digital by tapping on the city name, but no amount of tapping anywhere seems to bring up the digital option.

4) Deleting bookmarks in Safari. Swiping left does not delete them. It does work in the Reading List, however.

5) Compass app. I don't have one. iPhone only?

6) Parallax: not seeing it. iPhone only?

7) Camera photo filters: I don't see any colored dots at the bottom of the screen. iPhone only?

I have an iPad 3, by the way.

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

I'm pretty sure that iPads others than the fourth gen. don't have the Parallax feature. I have a 4 and I notice it.

3. JSchwartz15 macrumors regular

I have an iPad 3 and that's all the same for me, but parallax does seem to be working. I can clearly see it. Very buggy trying to change my wallpaper though. A LOT of lag!

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Weather was never part of iPad's apps even before iOS 7. Same goes for stocks and some other apps. Apps like Safari appear and work somewhat differently on the larger screen of iPads also from before iOS 7.

5. iAmirul, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

iAmirul macrumors regular

iAmirul

hope it helped.. i tested it on my iPad mini :p

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

1.) my mini doesnt have a stock weather app, but weather does show in the notification area.

2.) swiping is only for going back and forward in the browser. hitting the "x" is how you close the window.

3.) clock is always analog as far as i know

4.) when i swipe right to left, my bookmarks delete just fine

5.) there is no compass on ipads, at least not on wifi only models.

6.) parallax is under accessibility settings. reduce motion off.

7.) it appears its iphone only

7. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

1) iPhone feature, never was for iPad but you can see current weather in NC.

2) iPhone feature because it is a lot easier to manage that on a small screen.

3) iPhone feature, iPad already had the function to make the clock full screen, apple didn't want to change that.

4) I don't know why you can't do this, I can. Make sure you don't make any slight movements of your finger up or down, that will cancel the action.

5) Always was an iPhone feature, never for iPad.

6) Parallax is slight. Try holding your iPad farther away from your face, or go to settings>general>accessibility>reduce motion and make sure it is turned off.

7) iPhone only or iPad 4 only, not sure.

8. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

6) I'm pretty sure Parallax is only available on iPad 4 & newer, iPhone 4S & newer.

7) "Filters in Camera are available on iPhone 4s or later and iPod touch (5th generation 32GB/64GB)." (footnotes: http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/) (iPads: I think only the next iPad due out next month will do this).

"Filters in Camera" is live filters you can select before you take the photo (kind of like photobooth on mac). However, you may have "Filters in Photos" which is filters available in edit mode after the photo has been taken.

Other camera features: "Panorama format is available on iPhone 4s or later and iPod touch (5th generation). Square and video formats and swipe to capture are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)." (from footnotes link above)

9. Phrasikleia thread starter macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Many thanks for the replies, guys. I am seeing parallax now on the iPad 3 (I just needed to hold the iPad further away and make bigger movements to notice it).

The one thing I'm not able to do that you all say I should is #4...deleting Safari bookmarks by swiping. I've tried everything, and I'm completely stumped on that one. I read somewhere that I should be able to swipe away tabs as well, but nope. :(

10. Verocindy macrumors newbie

Great info on differences between iPhone & iPad iOS 7

I was getting peeved at Apple. All the new features are touted, but without saying some are iPhone only. This thread answered most of my questions all at once.

Re bookmarks: when I swipe from right to left, the red Delete button shows up.

I'm not sure I like the integrated search bar in Safari. In the past, I could type in the name of the website "Netflix" and I would be taken their directly. Now it searches for Netflix? Am I missing something?

11. iAmirul macrumors regular

iAmirul

Not sure abt yours, but my safari will autofill the website names after 1 visit.. And its not really that hard to tap and hold the period button for the ".com" autofill to appear..

12. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

These stocks and voice memos have never been on the ipad

13. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The iPad kinda has a weather app, it's called the Clock. :eek:

[​IMG]

It shows the current weather on the world map for all locations you add to the world clock. Not accurate enough? App Store.

14. panar macrumors member

The Parallax feature is available on my iPad 3. It's subtle though.

15. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

It's amazing how fast people forget what they had on iOS 6 and then blame it on the new software.
    There has NEVER BEEN voice memos, stocks, weather etc. apps!

16. Phrasikleia thread starter macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Which is why I was excited when this site announced these new features iOS 7. But apparently they are iPhone only.