Feb 9th preorder ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack105, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Jack105 macrumors member

So what is the deal with the Feb 9 reservation? Does this take stock away from the stores? Presumably I can wait in line at a store on the morning of the 10th and the store could be sold out already? Do you pay online and just pick it up or is it just a reservation? I'm confused?

2. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Orders online are always shipped from a hub. The stores have a separate stock. So NO online orders on the 9th will not bankrupt stores of phones. If you want your phone ON the 10th you will need to go to a store. Because if you order it on the 9th you aren't getting it on the 10th. You'll probably get it the Monday after.

3. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

From Apple:

So I would say yes, it might affect stock on Apple Stores if you choose to reserve one to get on the 10th. Verizon is not offering this on their stores as far as I know, so it shouldn't affect them.

4. Jack105 thread starter macrumors member

Alright cool. Thanks for the responses. For some reason I couldn't figure this out.

5. Methalius macrumors newbie

I missed out on the preorder due to business so I will be ordering mine on the 9th. I just hope it isn't back ordered until March. If mine comes next Monday I will be good with that.

6. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Could have ordered it at 3:00AM in the morning and then went to sleep :p

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

As was the case with the iPhone 4 launch last year, if Apple ever sold out, they always had a new shipment within a couple of days, but the quantity was always limited and so you either had to call or go in daily for an update.

It wouldn't be back ordered until March, but if Apple continues to sell out and your not there when they receive their new shipment, you could end up having to wait until March.

8. tamayers macrumors newbie

This being the case, the lines are still going to be crazy!!! If you preorder and have it on hold at an Apple Store, i would still get there REALLY early that morning. (or even the day before).

9. Methalius macrumors newbie

I was on the road for business. By the time I got home and went to preorder the preorder was shut down. I'll order mine at 3:01am this Wednesday. I hope to have my iPhone next week.

10. Sputnek macrumors regular

Just saying, sometimes the pre orders start at 2:50 a.m. even though they say 3:00 a.m. Good luck!

11. rvalverde83 macrumors newbie

just got off the phone with CSR, she told me preorder wednesday morning and we can have overnight shipping get it on thursday or friday.
    they messed up my original order and now i have to preorder again on the 9th.

good luck!

12. Methalius macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to hear that for you. I'll be up at 3am Wednesday morning.

Good luck to you as well. I hope you in particular gets a speedy delivery. Let's hope the CSR knows of what she speaks.