February 2008 is creation cinema month!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

You've got to feel for the intelligent design movement. They can't seem to take a trick lately. Apparently no one is convinced by their fallacious arguments no matter how hard they try. But there's good news at hand. If they can't win over the community through stating their case scientifically why not make a movie about being the oppressed underdog! That way we IDers don't have to present any evidence to support their made up theory. They can spin it as a repression of free-speech issue brought about by the mean dogma-ridden, christian-bashing, BIG SCIENCE community :mad:. The false dichotomy will do the rest and intelligent design will be the leading scientific theory and we'll all be accepted into heaven :)!

[​IMG].
    Don't read kids. Watch movies :D.

But which high profile leading intelligent design advocate should star in it? Michael Behe? He's not really charismatic enough and admitted in court that he thinks astrology is a science. Kirk Cameron? He's lost a bit of respect with the atheists worse banana nightmare thing. Also has a silly mustache. How about Dr Dino himself Kent Hovind? Unfortunately you can't take camera's into gaol. That leaves one obvious person who's perfect for the role. Yes that's right Ben Stein, intelligent design proponent extraordinaire. Complete with ajar school uniform to illustrate the stupidification of our children through indoctrination with the BIG SCIENCE agenda. Assume the role of the heroic rebel Ben.

[​IMG]

Seriously screw the elite few pushing the BIG SCIENCE agenda. How dare they. I'm glad there's one man brave enough to say enough and heroically throw down the gauntlet. And what better way than by theOfficial Expelled Blog.

Irreparable harm! I never knew it was so bad. I'm glad you're here to help through a movie Ben!

That's 8 freedoms in one paragraph. I guess Ben must really like freedom. I think I see where he's going with this.....
    He's preaching to the choir now. Who could argue with this. Freedom of inquiry has opened up so much good for humanity. The systematic scientific enquiry process that uses falsifiable hypotheses, empricial observation, and stringent experimentation.
    So the rejection of intelligent design is purely because BIG SCIENCE won't accept enquiry into a higher power? Here's the rest of us thinking it was due to it being a bunk theory completely lacking in even the most basic of scientific evidence.

Fantastically biting trailers can be viewed here. Don't forget to download the iPod versions to show you friends and spread the word!

Also show your support FOR free speech by buying a clothing item from their online store. If you don't buy one you're a fascist that doesn't support free speech and is a supression lover :mad:.

[​IMG]

edit: BIG SCIENCE :mad:

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I used to respect Ben Stein. I know he's a smart guy. Einstein believed in God, most of those I know in the scientific and philosophical communities are at least open to the idea of it, and I have my own beliefs, but this is just disappointing. ID isn't rejected, the rejection of science and observational theory is rejected. If ID wasn't so rigid and didn't fly in the face of provable, scientific fact, there would be no issue and it could happily coexist. Even the pope says so, and most scientists would agree if we look at it in a more abstract, non-literal sense.

Evolution has never disproved God, I don't understand why God has to invalidate evolution.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Have we found the right-equivalent of M Moore, at least propoganda -wise? Will all the righties who have bashed Moore over the years remain principled and call this what it is?

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well it is the shortest month of the year.

I don't see anything wrong with having a creation cinema month, just like I don't have a problem with gay cinema month.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Do you have any problem with documentary filmmakers presenting one-sided claims as fact?

6. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

For the largest Christian denomination, the RC Church, it doesn't.

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Um, sorry to break it to you guys, but February is already Black History month. A month can't be two things at once! GOSH!!:rolleyes:

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about these people who believe it does.