February Activity Challenge

jz0309

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2018
Temecula, CA
What is your daily Move goal? I struggle to hit my 1,050 Move goal more than 6 days a week. I think 84 days is my current longest Move streak.
it's 300, has been for a couple years now. Initially I let the watch push me but stopped that.
Having the watch and it's goals etc has helped me being more active, for example I burned ~ 950 active cals per day in 2019 on average, 2 yrs prior it was ~ 600, also exercising now every day (with exceptions) vs 3-4 day's s/week 2 yrs ago.
But I set my pace, don't let Apple do it, they're just pushing you higher, higher, no break, no understanding that at some point enough is enough ... and there have been plenty discussion on this and they will continue.
I am happy where I'm at, at 60 I'm more active than ever, and if I feel that I can/want to do more, I will, just don't let Apple decide for me :)

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
I had to disable that stupid 'let Apple set pace' garbage since it was turning me into the skeleton man unless I bulked up on fast food to replace the calories burned. I'm a tiny person and unlike with a Galaxy Watch/Samsung Health you can't just set a 'maintain current weight' threshold type. Apple seems intent on people losing weight to unhealthy levels or something. I wonder what kind of goals are set for an 80 year old?

Not all of us want to be athletes, Apple!

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
I had to disable that stupid 'let Apple set pace' garbage since it was turning me into the skeleton man unless I bulked up on fast food to replace the calories burned. I'm a tiny person and unlike with a Galaxy Watch/Samsung Health you can't just set a 'maintain current weight' threshold type. Apple seems intent on people losing weight to unhealthy levels or something. I wonder what kind of goals are set for an 80 year old?

Not all of us want to be athletes, Apple!
It’s been talked about on here before, all you have to do is turn off the coaching feature. If you want to lose weight and/or increase fitness then leave it on. If you don’t, turn it off, simple as that. If the monthly challenge is too hard them simply don’t do it, Apple isn’t trying to force you to do anything, just trying to help if you’re wanting it.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
I turned off the coaching and that did fix that issue, but the way you can't adjust the goals for stand or exercise still bug me. It's also not a stretch to hope or expect an update to the health aspect for those who want to maintain weight without losing awards.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
Would be a nice addition to my collection but for some reason my collection is vanishing. My New Year one no longer displays on watch or phone anymore, now I'm worried this one will disappear in March. :(

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
Would be a nice addition to my collection but for some reason my collection is vanishing. My New Year one no longer displays on watch or phone anymore, now I'm worried this one will disappear in March. :(
Have you recently restarted your phone or watch? Mine usually disappear after a restart but come back eventually.

Reactions: jhfenton

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
Have you recently restarted your phone or watch? Mine usually disappear after a restart but come back eventually.
Did that and made a separate thread. Here's my iPhone awards and my Watch Series 5 awards:

iPhone Activity shows no limited edition category at all!

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 3.34.37 PM.png

watch shows just the Heart Month award that I worry will also vanish in March.

IMG_0131.jpeg

Notice that even "Heart month" is missing on iPhone but visible on watch. The Ring in the New Year Challenge has vanished from the watch entirely. If by "limited edition" it means they go away after a few days, then my motivation to even earn them has been shattered and I'll just stick to the 'normal' medals from here on out.

I restarted only after I noticed this bug, hoping that would solve it. I had a bug on my Series 5 where it got stuck on the excercise ring (the 28 minutes of 30 bug, one of the many that happen when I run more than 7 apps in the dock at once) and rebooted it before I noticed the award from January missing then went to iPhone and the entire Limited Edition category was gone entirely. Doesn't even show the one that still displays on the watch at all. All my other awards, workout progress, etc data is intact and up-to-date. I don't update apps or the OS so it's not an update bug.

Last edited:

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
None of mine show up on the phone at all. The entire "limited edition" category is MIA. My Watch only shows the Heart Month award which I suppose will vanish when March comes. My Ring in the New Year award is already gone and hasn't shown any sign of ever coming back. It is as if I never earned it in the first place.

DeepIn2U

macrumors 603
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations to all that got their heart week challenge award!

I missed out because well my heart was being crushed and robbed me of my focus towards fitness and myself. No more!
- - Post merged: - -

View attachment 894836
February activity challenge in the bag, this was my first one ever. I’m scared I won’t get such an easy one next month. :p
Don't be scared ... be grateful if it's not going to be easy ... you'll accomplish it and strive harder to be better!