Fed drops prime rate 1/4 percent (to 2.25%), Chaos45 goes on rampage.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Aug 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Fed drops prime rate 1/4 percent (to 2.25%), Chaos45 goes on rampage, screaming his hand-picked "best man" should have dropped a lot, lot, lot, lot more!

Erdogan of Turkey decided to meddle in his economy, and Turkey has hyper inflation and falling economy.

Of course idiot Chaos45 missed the big message that the economy is weakening.
    It is Eco 101, 1st grade stuff, that when the fed drops the interest rate, the economy is on a down turn.

Of course rich people don't give a ****, they can easily move their billions to safer investments, or get loans at lower interest rate to snap up foreclosed houses.

Chaos45 only cares about himself, his worthless name, and his properties (not his staff).
    Ameritrump!

2. LordVic macrumors 603

Eeek. Guess the measures of economic health aren't pointing in the right direction. A drop to the rate with intent of spurring spending does absolutely indicate that the fed doesn't believe in the current trajectory as sustainable and that more cash will need to be opened up cheaply.

3. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Trump should he worried. If there’s an economic downturn he has no chance of reelection. He knows this which is why he’s freaking out on twitter.

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

By the way, one of the key drivers for the concerns driving this rate cut was Trump’s own erratic trade policy. Powell specifically cited uncertainty in the business community over that policy as one of the factors negatively affecting the economy and justifying the rate cut.

5. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Even when it kept being reported that the economy was doing amazing, all you had to do is open your eyes and look around at all the businesses, (big businesses at that) declaring bankruptcy.

6. LordVic macrumors 603

10% more tarriffs on 300b worth of goods announced today.

don't think there's going to be a shift towards sanity at this point while he's in office.

7. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Was going to post this too.

Chaos45 just nullified any economic benefits of the 1/4 cut.
    The timing is highly suspect, being less than day later.
    I bet he thought it was good time, he could impose that 10% with minimal impact to economy.

8. LordVic macrumors 603

\
    I believe the Tarriffs were expected to be announced earlier in the week as I remember seeing a story of it and it was expected to be announced.

I almost think the rate cut was a response to that and a pre-plan to minimize the impact.

9. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Would not surprise me, then again there was rumblings of eco slow down a possible rate cut.
    Fed on each other?