Fed up with ATT premier order, should i cancel and just go with my apple reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jun 20, 2010.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Fed up with ATT premier order, should i cancel and just go with my apple reservation?

I wrote this before, but now i'm thinking i'll just cancel my att preorder on monday since it still says backordered and we have no idea it's coming..

and just wait with my reservation to apple..what do u think? stupid or not? thxx

2. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

What are you fed up with? I'm backordered as well. If you have read any of the previous threads you would see that it doesn't mean anything. I am still expecting a phone on thursday.

3. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. rtabdo macrumors 6502

I would wait a couple days at least to see if things change. If you ordered your phone on the 15th you will most likely have it before you could get it from Apple anyways.

You are looking at July 14th if you cancel your order now, unless you're willing to wait in line without a reservation.

I think we'll see some updates over the next day or two.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I wouldn't cancel, just wait. If you don't get the phone from AT&T just go to the Apple Store. When you get the phone from AT&T you can always refuse shipment and send it back.

6. wishman35 macrumors regular

I agree with you, I understand some will say its jumping the gun but it is 2010, and if you look at Apple ... order status's should be a little more detailed then the monstrosity that is AT&T.

I have a reservation with Apple as well and if I do not hear anything from AT&T comes Tues, it will be cancelled.

7. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

The only concern I would have is your upgrade eligibility. If you have an order with AT&T, you may not show upgrade eligibility if you buy with Apple. If you cancel with AT&T, I've read that it takes 72 hours for your eligibility to reset in their system.

Good luck!

- Steve

8. wishman35 macrumors regular

For AT&T orders, I dont think any of our contracts have been extended and most of us are still going to be showing upgrading eligible. I still show upgrade eligible and ordered at 10AM CT

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

If you don't want an iPhone 4, then cancel your AT&T order.

Otherwise, wait and be happy when it arrives.

10. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

That's good to hear, because my contract was extended the day after my Apple order.

- Steve

11. camarobh macrumors 6502

I agree

Yes, I would cancel it as soon as possible.

On the off chance you are in line in front of me with AT&T, your cancellation increases my chances of receiving my iPhone on launch day.

12. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have a reservation at apple