Federal judge asks whether Trump's ‘America First’ agenda is being used to camouflage racial animus

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Sep 26, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

It's a fair question, too, as it certainly looks that way to a large number of people. There can really be no question that Trump is anti-immigrant and anti-refugee. The one question we truly need answered is the one the judge asked. Is his stance based in racism? We all ave our own opinions, based on reading the evidence before us, but I would really like to see the court get to the bottom of it and then do what needs to be done.

It was interesting that the Trump regime lawyer before the bench gave a non answer.

Federal judge asks whether Trump's ‘America First’ agenda is being used to camouflage racial animus

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-whether-trumps-america-first-agenda-is-being

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

How do you expect this to be answered? Trump says he's the least racist person ever. We all know that's not even on the truth scale.

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

USAO: Ummmmm..... no? Probably. I don't have a legal argument or a logic one, so I just throw in the reputations of John Kelly and Elaine Duke, then go hide under the desk.

4. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

That’s like asking if Trump has inveting gravity or electricity. It’s a stupid ****ing question and won’t solve anything. Media is what’s creating racism in the first place but, the idiot judge decides to waste time and money, to ask a dumb ass question.

This why public hanging should still exist, so we can hang stupid people and let other stupid people know, to stop being stupid.

Unbelievable...

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Poe's Law comes to bear here.

6. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Ummm..no. It's not like that, at all. Nor is it stupid. It all leads to motivation and that's an important determiner in whether his policy is Constitutional or not.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Right. Racial animus has been a central question in many of the policies put forth by DHS and they've had significant trouble because of Trump's public utterances and Tweets.

8. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Kicking people out of US has nothing do with race. US is not obligated to accept refugees. So just because illegal aliens or refugees in our country happened to be other then whites, it has nothing to do with skin of their color. We have enough issues of our own that we still can’t solve.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

That is quite silly. Even,

10. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Believe what ever the heck you want sport.

11. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

The Trumps, Fred and Donald J., have well-documented histories of racism for decades. America First was the white supremacist/racist brainchild of the KKK from decades ago. Almost all of the EOs and policy shifts under this administration have had racial and/or ethnic bias against racial and religious minorities. The judge is matter-of-fact calling out the administration and essentially challenging them to prove AF isn't straight up racism masquerading as legitimate policy.

12. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Trump isn’t trying to send black people, who are citizens of US, back to Africa. So what’s there to prove?

Canada did not accept refugees and in the process, many people drowned miles away from Canadian shore. Is Canadian Government also racist??

13. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

The point is that the US under Trump's government is now making an effort to deport people who are contributors, not to mention people likely to be killed if they are sent back to where they came from. This is harming the America that is all of us, and yes it's racist... and self-harming.

14. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Canada has a self admitted legacy of racism. Unlike Trump they have taken steps to try to address their wrongs and become a better country. And why do you assume that racism only applies to American blacks? And yes, that is what your question implies, before you try to deny it. The implicit racism in his policies is self evident to most people. That is one the reasons this judge is asking the important question, (which the Trump regime lawyer dodged).

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/racial-discrimination-brochure

15. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Illegal is illegal. No matter how much you contribute.

And the article has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

16. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

They've been deporting people who are not "illegals", too. Maybe that has escaped your notice?

17. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Good for Canada.

I brought up black people as an extreme example as a sarcasm.

Read your own post. 30k people being deported. I don’t care what their race or culture is. I, as a tax payer, should not help refugees if they won’t help them self, by not making their own country better. I’m not their mother, neither is the rest of tax payers in US.

My mother and I (I was 14 at the time), entered the country legally in 91, we applied for permanent lawful residence. In 95 we received a green card. In 96 I joined US Army. In 01 we became US Citizens.

So why the eff anyone else should get special treatment?? Is ISIS stealing your cows and bread?? Pick up a gun and defend your self and your property. Defend your land. Die if you have to.
    Ide rather die, then running like a p**sy.
    I was born in Russia. Everyone in my family, including women served in the military. I served 8 years in US Army. I earned my right to be a US Citizen.

So why the eff, the refugees, get a pass??

Women and children defended their homes ww2 and in civil war. But my government and tax payers money should provide free food and 2bd apartments?? Gtfo.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    I haven’t been deported.

I know at least 10 people who haven’t been deported. All of them are US Citizens.

18. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

"I got mine, so screw everyone else". That's a pretty crappy attitude and if I, and other native born Americans had that attitude you'd still be in Putin-land. This is a country that is made up of refugees and immigrants and we have spent a couple of hundred years welcoming them. I'll take the way we've been doing things for ages over what you and your fervent Trump nationalism would have us do. If we went the route you folks would have us on, we'd blow up the Statue of Liberty. No thanks, I'd like to keep my country as it has been. We never needed to make it great again. It's always been great, warts and all.

19. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Sure it does. The thread topic is about a federal judge asking if racial animus is behind Trump's "America First" agenda.

In the case I cited, the journalist had fled for his life from the Mexican Army in cahoots with drug cartels. The Trump administration detained him and wanted to deport him. The National Press club intervened, got him out of detention on grounds of his clear need for asylum and he went north to take up a professional journalism fellowship at U Mich. Then his immigration judge suddenly demands additional proof that the guy was even actually a journalist, which is why the librarians in the USA had voluntarily set about rounding up all the articles that he had gotten published before it got too dangerous for him to remain in Mexico.

This is Trump's anti-immigrant stance to a fare thee well, acted out by some immigration judge taking the letter of the law to the ultimate margins in an effort to get "them" outta the USA even if a person qualifies for asylum behind death threats from whence they had fled.

One can argue whether that immigration judge is racist or just acting on general and now official xenophobia... but not about whether the post belongs in this thread. It fits the pattern the judge in the original post of this thread was addressing. From that post:

Trump wondered aloud why always from "**** hole" countries, why not from like Norway...

20. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Or... we don’t have the budget and his stay in US is not justified by the tax payers.
    It took 5 years to approve a $500mill budget to fix roads and bridges in DC by US Senate.

5 collapsed bridges in DC, would kill far more then one journalist and ... it would have far more backlash.

You have to think of priorities.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I'm sure the black people of the U.S. appreciate your sarcasm.

22. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

This “attitude “, has been around way before civil war.

Step away from mass media and try reading history books.
    :rolleyes:

Racist and xenophobia..... Get back to me when you have factual proof. Proof that you can use in Supreme Court.
    I had far more none white supervisors then white folks, so I can safely say, they will raise a 40 on my behalf in my argument...imho..based on my experience.

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

That still wouldn't address your supposed 'sarcasm' on the part of black people.

Besides, how often have you heard anyone say they don't think they are well liked by their fellow co workers of any race?

24. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Don't imagine cases are not wending their way up to the high court even now. Deportation cases, the "citizenship" question on the census, cases targeting past racial profiling on the part of racist sheriffs now being welcomed as new ICE hires...

25. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

I’m 41, I started working at the age of 15. And to this day, I can honestly say, I have experience zero racial discrimination in a work place. I’ve worked for Fortune 500 company, Home Depot, pizza delivery, local lock Smith, local construction company, Amazon, a bank, performance car shop. I currently work for Amazon, 80% of my coworkers is black and there is zero, honest to God, a racial tension.
    There was one time, my coworker, was inches away from being written up for sexual harassment. But I shoved my foot in his ass before things were escalated to HR.