Federal Judge Caught Brutally Beating His Wife In Horrifying 911 Call

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Sep 18, 2014.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

So basically a federal judge who will no doubt preside over a domestic violence case some day, and probably already has, gets away with zero punishment for beating the crap out of his wife. Very nice.

Link

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Did you post this because you saw George W. Bush in the Article?

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no he just got hired as quarterback.

----------

there was a Texas judge who beat his daughter bloody and it was video tapped and took forever for anything to be done and little was. it is hard to get rid of judges they are like herpes.

5. samiwas macrumors 68000

Or, you know, because it's about a grave injustice of a judge getting to keep practicing after being on audio abusing his wife?

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So I take it you're for one type of justice for the poor and another for the rich and powerful.

7. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

To be fair, SteveKnight does have a pretty impressive track record of trolling for republican shock stories.

And I feel quite comfortable saying he wouldn't have posted it if it had been a democrat federal judge.

8. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

No, if that were the point of posting this I wouldn't have omitted the word "Republican" from the headline.

9. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so you think you know me so well? sorry I post about freaks and crazies and it seems republican monopolize that area at least in the media. as far as judges there should be no republican or democrat or any political affiliation they should be neutral.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

when your "media" consist of "addicting info.org" then that is all you will see.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

that's just where the interesting stuff is. I read all over. I like to read about the crazy. Go BACON

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

interesting? Addicting info makes Faux news seem fair & balanced.

excuse me while i say my bacon prayers.:D

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

addicting info is about shot and crazy value faux is about trying to educate the public so they won't see what addicting info comes out with.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I can't believe you guys are defending a wife beater because they were nominated by a Republican...

16. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

This guy is such a scumbag. Horrifying to think he's a judge.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There are a lot of judges in America. And domestic violence isn't just an issue for the poor.

I'm sure there are plenty more, nominated by both parties.

18. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Defending?

All I saw was questioning steveknight's motives for posting the story.

Nobody has defended the judge at all.

19. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Steveknight is not the OP, I am. And my motive was only that this judge will no doubt preside over a domestic violence case at some point and that this is wrong. And that he got away with almost no punishment. I didn't put a polarizing title nor did I write anything polarizing. The only person who mentioned the political affiliation of the judge, other than the article mentioning it like news articles often do, are you and edk99.

20. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Wow, it was such a SteveKnight-esque post that I didn't even notice you were the author.

I saw a quoted news article and almost no commentary and didn't go beyond that

Looks like I owe SteveKnight an apology.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

maybe it is a good idea not to question peoples motives. or you may get your own questioned.

22. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That's rich, coming from you!

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Defending by criticising the OP for posting the story on political grounds and making no mention of how bad the domestic violence is.

24. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

The thread has been successfully derailed. Nobody needed to speak out in defense of the judge, this has already been effective in deflecting criticism away from him and into personal banter. Whether or not the intent was to defend the judge, it is a tactic that works in his defense.

It's an upsetting story, but what's more upsetting is the idea that justice is not dispensed evenly. Workplaces are free to react as they will, but when it comes to the justice system it seems to me that Ray Rice and Mark Fuller should both be pretty close in their sentences. Those sentences, in turn, should be similar to cases in which the defendant is not rich, powerful, or famous.

25. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

What I find rich is that you haven't commented on the OP once. You've failed at proving anyone's "motives", but you've made your own motives obvious while derailing a thread that outs a judge who holds the same political views you do for being human filth, and this personally offends you. Couldn't be more transparent.