Federal Judge Rules Against California’s Bid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 20, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/20...to-delay-end-of-gun-waiting-periods-for-some/

yet one more win for law abiding Californians.

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    And for the criminals wanting to buy a gun to shoot you with.

IT'S THE CIIIRRRCCCLLLEE OF RRIIIIGGGHHHHTTSS!

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

umm, criminals never had a waiting period, they get what they wish from the streets, our stupid GOVT had no problems arming cartels.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Says you. Last time I wanted to rob a liquor store, I had to wait 10 days for the background check to pass through. Also, I couldn't tell them I was using the gun to rob a liquor store.

Though on a serious note, I'm drawing attention to the fact that for every upside you have to gun ownership, there's a equal downside that makes the upside moot.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

You should try the liquor stores in ferguson, no gun needed there, you can push the clerks as you wish

I don't see the downside

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

And on one died.

It's one big viscous circle. Sure. Law abiding citizens get their protection with waiting. But it also means the people you don't want with a gun are getting a gun just as quickly. It means more guns in the public, which means more guns to steal. And the more gun crime related incidents arise due to more people having more guns on the streets, the more people buy more guns to protect themselves from the people with the guns. And of course the more we talk about crime on the news, the more frightened people get, who then go out to buy a gun to protect themselves, and end up doing something because they're twitchy...

...it goes on.

Keep in mind that I'm not advocating getting rid of guns entirely. For one reason, I don't think it's a wise idea to screw with the Bill of Rights due to a potential slippery slope situation. But at the same time, I abhor this recent gun culture fervor we've got going on around here. A gun's purpose should be protection. Something you don't think about until you need it. These days, the guns purpose is the gun itself. The right to have it, the right to use it, and the right to carry it around in public if you so wish. No one really respects it as a weapon anymore. It's more a toy. Something to show off to friends and complete strangers both. And the right to own one? Now abused for the sake of abusing it.

It's all just a symptom of this sickness we call culture of fear that's taken over this country.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Renzatic. Where are you from? We still have plenty of other limits here in CA
    1 new gun per month
    So I get it now but I have to wait 30 days for my next purchase
    People I don't want don't have a waiting period, they never did. Good night

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That is most likely aimed at gun traffickers.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that law does not apply to used guns, just new ones