Federal judge strikes down Arizona's gay marriage ban, calling it unconstitutional

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
This is why you don't put people's rights up for a vote.

Nothing standing in the way of John McCain and Lindsey Graham now. :D

PHOENIX (AP) — Federal judge strikes down Arizona's gay marriage ban, calling it unconstitutional.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
How many more federal court rulings do we need before the remaining states can get it through their thick heads that they're in violation of the Constitution?
Constitution does not matter to those who go by the Bible. or at least claim to go by the bible when it suits them. congrats to AZ

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010

These bans are dropping.
But it won't be over till every citizen of the USA is treated with the dignity that they deserve, and be able to marry the person THEY love.:)
How many more federal court rulings do we need before the remaining states can get it through their thick heads that they're in violation of the Constitution?
Judging by some people who post on just this forum, a long time, some people just don't do progress.:p

Last edited:

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
The destruction of the very fabric of our society is well under way*. :p

And quite frankly it is fabulous.

*Referencing another user in PRSI.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
A US District Judge just struck down the ban in Wyoming!

And SCOTUS denied Alaska's request for a stay, so let all the gay marriages begin!

Awesome day today. :D

Can Dick Cheney now marry and **** himself? Asking for a friend.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I still wonder when, and if, the US Supreme Court is going to weigh in on this issue.

The Court seems to have gone out of its way to avoid making a ruling. Granted there are solid legal reasons, or should I say rationalizations, for this. But until the Court, even the conservative-tilted Roberts Court, rules that Same-Sex marriages are a fundamental US civil right - then I think a lot of people are going to have lingering doubts. Society may have come a long way, but that doesn't mean there aren't still a lot of religious nutcases in this country.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Oh, drop it. You're borderline trolling now by continuing to repeat these nonsense views that originated from within your head with no basis on reality.
Borderline trolling? As opposed to what you were doing calling me out in a thread I wasn't even participating in?

Pot, meet kettle

noisycats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
The 'ham. Alabama.
Oh, drop it. You're borderline trolling now by continuing to repeat these nonsense views that originated from within your head with no basis on reality.
In SLC's defense it didn't originate within his head, his church propagated it.

Disclaimer: he'll deny it, but it's no less true.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
What truth? You still haven't answered the critical questions of "how" or "why".

He can't answer it, in fact no one who shares that view can. Which is one of the reasons these laws get struck down because they are incapable of providing any kind of logical reasoning to backup their illogical views.

----------

In SLC's defense it didn't originate within his head, his church propagated it.

Which is akin to the blind leading the blind.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I still wonder when, and if, the US Supreme Court is going to weigh in on this issue.

The Court seems to have gone out of its way to avoid making a ruling. Granted there are solid legal reasons, or should I say rationalizations, for this. But until the Court, even the conservative-tilted Roberts Court, rules that Same-Sex marriages are a fundamental US civil right - then I think a lot of people are going to have lingering doubts. Society may have come a long way, but that doesn't mean there aren't still a lot of religious nutcases in this country.
Yeah, a part of me still feels a wee bit nervous but Kennedy's position is pretty clear.