Fedex delivers on Saturday? News to me...

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Hey all,

After cancelling an Apple order (for being delayed over a month), working out a bad transaction on ebay that almost screwed me over, I reordered a refurbed iMac from Apple yesterday, and to my surprise, within an hour it was being prepared to ship.

So this morning I recieve (at midnite) an email giving me a tracking number, just telling me info has been relayed to FedEx. The projected delivery date is August 6th, this Saturday (keep in mind this is free shipping).

My question is... should I really get my hopes up for this to arrive on Saturday? I mean last time I ordered my 12" PB from Apple, I sprung for the two day shipping -- which was set to arrive on a Saturday, and didnt get here until Monday.

Should I get my hopes up? (Sorry if this has been posted, I've searched through the forum about delivery and nothing seems to be on about Saturdays :( )

And is it possible that it may even get here Friday? A lot of stories here say that sometimes they get things ahead of projected date... Thanks!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I've had FedEx deliver something on a Saturday. It was an overnight rushed package though, I don't know about regular stuff.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I've had FedEx deliver packages on saturdays numerous times, even using standard shipping. I predict your package will arrive friday or saturday.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
mulletman13 said:
Hey all,

After cancelling an Apple order (for being delayed over a month), working out a bad transaction on ebay that almost screwed me over, I reordered a refurbed iMac from Apple yesterday, and to my surprise, within an hour it was being prepared to ship.

So this morning I recieve (at midnite) an email giving me a tracking number, just telling me info has been relayed to FedEx. The projected delivery date is August 6th, this Saturday (keep in mind this is free shipping).

My question is... should I really get my hopes up for this to arrive on Saturday? I mean last time I ordered my 12" PB from Apple, I sprung for the two day shipping -- which was set to arrive on a Saturday, and didnt get here until Monday.

Should I get my hopes up? (Sorry if this has been posted, I've searched through the forum about delivery and nothing seems to be on about Saturdays :( )

And is it possible that it may even get here Friday? A lot of stories here say that sometimes they get things ahead of projected date... Thanks!
FedEx Residential delivery runs Tuesday through Saturday, and yes they do deliver on Saturday, as late as 8:00 p.m. I ordered a Garming GPS PDA for X-mas last year and it was delivered that late on a Saturday. Drove me nuts since I spend all day waiting for it, and became convinced it wouldn't show up. Thankfully it did and has been serving me well for over a year and a half. Not used as much since I got my PB but useful nonetheless when I need to travel.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
i bought memory from newegg on wed the 6th.
it shipped that morning from san diego and was in FW Indiana by the next afternoon. However, Fed Ex just sat on it for a day because "it wasn't scheduled for delivery." Gah...

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
I ordered a Dual G5 from MacMall last week at around 9pm on a Wednesday Night. Paid for 2 day shipping via Fed Ex Significantly cheaper then overnite for the 70lb box the G5 comes in. And to My Surprise FedEx had it in my hands the next day at 12pm! Only took 15hrs to get here!

Can't beat that, especially when I only paid for 2 day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.