Fedex... How can I get phone on Fri if I have to work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwyn, Oct 9, 2011.

1. kwyn macrumors regular

So, I preordered from Apple.

I want to get the phpone on Friday, but I have to work during the day. How can I make sure I get it?

Can I ask them to hold it at the fedex office? Any ideas. I work until about 4:00PM.

Thx!!

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

They'll take it back to the distribution center it came from in your local area if you're not home. You can pick it up there. They'll leave a delivery notice on your door letting you know they tried to deliver it but you weren't home.

3. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but I was hoping to be able to have the phone in my hands on Fri. I assume they'll take it back to the center and then the driver will bring it back and the center will be closed until Monday??

I could be wrong though. Am I?

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you go to the "Account" page in the Apple Store, you'll see a link for "Pre-sign for a delivery." Once it ships, you can just select that option and it will print out a form. You sign the form, tape it to your door, and they will drop it off even if nobody is home.

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

You should be able to go to your order page on apple.com and pre sign and print a page for FedEx

(edit): mackmgg beat me to it

6. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

7. wurt macrumors member

I was able to use a different shipping address through verizon for my pre-order.. Apple also mentioned they would be able to do a 1-time exception and be able to change my shipping address if i called them after my pre-order was confirmed.. you should try that if its not too late!

8. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Fill out the Pre-sign for delivery form, and have them leave it at your house or with a neighbor that you know will be home. Then it will be waiting for you when you get home. No big deal.

9. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

So you have to wait until it ships though? Right?

THX AGAIN!

10. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

If you need to find the distribution center, think of the most inaccessible and out-of-the-way place in the local city you live in. It will inevitably be located there.

11. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Once you have a tracking number you can call FedEx and have them hold it at your local distribution center or I think you can have them deliver it to a Kinkos that might be close to you house. I'm not to crazy about having them leave it at your door.

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Also it may vary, but call your local fedex and see what they're pickup hours are.

I had to pickup a package at their center in the middle of nowhere one time and they said I could come till some crazy hour.

Package didn't even get back there till after 5.

13. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Love this idea! There is a FEDEX KINKOS really close.

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

My daughter has been told she can't go anywhere on Friday until the phone arrives.

LOL, last year she surprised me by showing up at my office with my phone. She said she did it so she wouldn't have to stay home and babysit.

15. jordan572 macrumors newbie

Will AT&T have a presign form to or is that only for people that orderd through apple?

16. Jnyce macrumors regular

i hope this as well:)

17. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I read somewhere that you can just write a note for FedEx, something like "Please leave the package here (or whatever location you'd like)" then sign it. Leave it on your front door and that acts as a waiver.

18. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If it's that important then use a sick day...they're way more fun to use when you're not actually sick. :)

19. LoganT macrumors 68020

I'm always afraid to use pre-sign for delivery for fear of the obvious.

20. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Yea. Ill miss my delivery on Friday, if its Fed Ex. Guess Ill get it Monday when I can take a day off.

21. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I always pre-sign, and keep checking the order status online. Then as soon as it's delivered, hubby runs home to take it in the house. (he's only about 10 minutes away). Never had a problem.

I have tried to call Fed Ex before to have them hold a package, and they said they couldn't do that until they'd tried to deliver it to the intended address at least once. I guess you might be able to talk them into it, but we've always been told no way.

22. LoganT macrumors 68020

23. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

What if your neighbor or somebody passing by your house stops and snatches up your 4S?

24. 2010RS macrumors 6502