FedEx Rep "Mass Shipments of iPhone on July 23" not 24th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeC2k6, Jun 22, 2010.

1. JoeC2k6 macrumors member

just spoke to a rep. from fedex. he said that apple instructed fedex to make certain of all pre-orders arrive to customers on the 23rd. this goes for at&t preorders as well.

not sure if this has been posted but there ya go.....

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Only 8 hours ago...

3. twigg macrumors member

I certainly hope so. But my tracking number (like many others) is not recognized by Fedex.

4. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

LOL. Still a hot topic though. :D

5. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

Mines not either.

6. JoeC2k6 thread starter macrumors member

mine neither so i called....and thats what they told me

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

This will DEFINITELY cut down on activation problems on the 24th. Only Apple will have walk-in and you have to get your phone activated before you leave the store.

8. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I am one of the people with a non working tracking number. According to FedEx the phones are scheduled for pickup on the 23rd and delivery on the 24th if your tracking number is not working yet.

10. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I doubt FedEx really cares what Apple tells them to do. They are a successful world-wide shipping company, why should they take orders from Apple? They know what they're doing and they're gonna get paid.

11. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

because apple will go to UPS with the multi million dollar contract next year?

12. slsl0 macrumors member

Haha, Indeed

13. wwrgsww macrumors member

IDK because Apple is sending 100,000 devices overnight.... @ 1lbs thats $45.00 per iPhone.

not to mention AT&T's share.

And I have a feeling they are doing this to help ease the activation process... 1/2 of them tomorrow, and the other 1/2 on Thursday... so that way a server crash does not happen again

I dont care... I get my iPhone 4 tomorrow anyways

14. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

I think they may be getting a bulk rate.

15. nparmelee macrumors 6502

16. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

The reason they are successful world wide is because of huge corporations like apple that use them exclusively for shipping. so it is in their best interest to co-ordinate with them and meet their needs when something like this comes down the pipe.

600,000 shipments adds up to a lot of dough to come from one company in one day. that kind of volume commands some attention.

17. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Doubtful. Apple uses both and they probably always will. FedEx is way better at handling massive roll-outs like this. UPS is great for the day to day.

All I'm saying is, they know what they're doing and I really doubt Apple had a lot to do with this waked roll-out schedule. The e-mail some of us got saying to expect the phone on the 23rd- looked like a high school kid wrote that frantically 20 minutes before it was do. It's just my guess and speculation but I would say the ball is in FedEx's court and they're going to do what's best for their bottom line.

18. Geez1234 macrumors newbie

A company doesn't become a successful world-wide shipping company by ignoring their customers requests/desires.

of course... that seems to be working for ATT ;)

19. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I agree they would do their best to coordinate the release with Apple as best they can. But guys, look at this pile of mess. There is a line. Everyone involved in this from Apple, to ATT, to the people who ordered- we all agreed on one thing. "I did not expect it to be this bad."

It's simply not fair to ask them to ship a half million packages in one day, on top of their normal work load.

I'd guess that Apple just gave them the green light and said screw it. Everyone is gonna get paid, we sold a ton of phones, let's just let them get there when they get there.