Fed's to get a ONE time audit.. I get 1 a Quarter, seems fair

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tigres, May 14, 2010.

1. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Talk about hypocrisy trumping transparency.

Here you go folks, our government trying to hide the very things it requires us to do in the lending business daily.

Truth is that Ben Bernanke does not want this Audit, and can't recall where this so called 2 TRILLION dollars went at ZERO interest.

I work for a bank chartered under the OCC, and I can tell you this- they want every small bank in this nation closed. The OCC comes in cracking their whips on everything and anything. Policy is changed daily by the auditors, and 9/10 it's all interpretation.

The feds on the other hand lend to anyone and everyone, yet have the handcuffs us to lend to our people who deserve and need it.

Fed up with the Fed...

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/11/senate-backs-one-time-audit-of-feds-bailout-role/

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Vote democrat if you don't like the levels of protection being given for the big banks.

3. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Meanwhile in an alternate universe:

"OMG, the Fed is stealing more of my tax dollars to pad the salaries of a bunch of fat bureaucrats by making a big dog-and-pony show of 'self-auditing' every quarter. Of course they'll never find anything! Even if it wasn't just foxes guarding the henhouse, there's no way you can do more than an inch-deep 'audit' of something as big as the federal government that often. Just more bloat and waste by Comrade Obama."

4. belvdr macrumors 603

How about voting who you think will resolve the issue, be it democrat or not?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, huh? Obama has surrounded himself with the very people who had a hand in causing it.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Or, he would face the 40 Republicans filibustering any appointee he put in place. Yes, there needs to be a lot more done, but you can't blame Obama for this one.

I'd be happy to consider ANY republican plan. Where are they?

Alternate universe, that was the last 8 years under Bush.

7. tigres thread starter macrumors 68040

tigres

Someone gets it.