Feel Good Stories about Retina MBP share your good experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaxPower72, Sep 20, 2012.

1. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

After reading an endless stream of threads on defective rMBPs I decided to start this one so you Retina Guys can share your good experiences with the new Apple machine and how it changed your computing experience.
    Let's have a good time.
    thank you all
    Massimo

2. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I absolutely adore my MacBook Pro with Retina display. It's the computer I've been dreaming of ever since the iPhone 4 debuted with its Retina display.

I count myself as very lucky to have a 'perfect' unit. Samsung display, no stuck/dead pixels or any other issues. It's a HUGE upgrade over my old early-2011 MacBook Pro (which is now in my dad's hands) in pretty much every way imaginable.

Here are the things that I truly appreciate over my old MacBook Pro:

• The display, obviously. It's… so… beautiful!
    • The reduction in weight and thickness. I carry my Mac with me almost everywhere and I really love the new thinner design (almost as much as my back does).
    • The much-improved cooling. I do a lot of intensive tasks on my Mac, such as video editing and gaming. The cooling system is way, way better… quieter and more efficient, resulting in next to no clock speed throttling. This makes me very happy.
    • A USB port on each side, like my old 2007 MacBook Pro. I didn't think this would make much difference, but I've actually come to appreciate it more than I thought.
    • Improved built-in speakers. I like to use my Mac in bed quite a lot, so (for casual use) I really love the new speakers. At my desk, I use Bowers & Wilkins MM-1s, but for when I'm away from those babies, the improved internal speakers are decent enough.

I could go on and discuss all the subtle little details (such as the shift of the 'MacBook Pro' logo to the bottom case), but I shan't bore whoever's reading this.

Essentially, I'm one of the extremely happy users that you probably haven't heard much from. This is literally the best portable computer I've ever used and I feel very privileged to own one.

3. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

wow, has it gone that bad?

has it gone that bad that we need group therapy ?? sad.

4. MaxPower72 thread starter macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

it's not about being negative. I just want to read about good experiences with the rMBP to balance the scale, it can't be all about display issues etc.

5. wiznet macrumors regular

The reason you see so many bad things here is that the majority of people buying the product don't come on here, or if they do - they don't usually say "I bought a computer and it works just as advertised". You'll always see more threads about issues with the machines.

I love mine, it's the best computer I've ever used, or owned.

:apple: :apple:

6. bill-p macrumors 65816

Yeah, more people are here to complain than to praise...

...because those who do enjoy the rMBP actually use it for real work, and barely have any time or reason to be here.

It just happens that my work allows me to be here from time to time. Otherwise, you wouldn't even hear from me.

That said though, I'm enjoying my rMBP so much that I suspect that if my job position changed, you wouldn't hear from me again. It's perfect for what I need in a laptop.

The only thing I can see Apple do better is make it thinner and last longer on a battery charge.

7. shelhed217 macrumors member

My only complaint is i've had a hard time finding a good hard case. I've had the laptop for a little over a week and I love it. Like the previous poster i replaced my early 2011 MBP and it's an upgrade in every way.

8. clamchowderz macrumors member

Thank you for creating this thread. After I bought my new MBPr I came to this forum hoping to read 'feel good stories' but discovered a lot of negativity and was disappointed. It goes without saying, when people are happy with a product, silence. Only when they dislike something, then do they share.

The best part about owning this magnificent laptop? I feel I'm 'ahead of the curve' and have a jump start on the future, whatever is in store - i feel prepared:)

9. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

All positives for me. I am loving this display. :cool:

10. rrm998, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I love it too. I did a bunch of comparison research to decide if I would upgrade from my one year old Sony Vaio Z2. The Z is a pretty unique device too so it wasn't an easy decision for me. Ultimately I decided to jump even though my results suggested I should stick with the Z and I've never owned a Mac before.

I'm glad I did. The ergonomics on this machine -- keyboard, sound, trackpad and screen are such much better than the Z.