Feeler: DS and PC

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I never use these enough. I need cash for a iBook or a mac mini. So here they are.

DS:
Silver color (minor paint scratches on top case,no scratches in plastic.)
3 games (Asphalt Urban GT, Nintendogs, Metriod Hunters demo)
2 Nintendo cases
5 Styli
AC charger
Origonal box for the Metroid Demo and its manuals

PC:
Japense gaming case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=11-156-018-08.jpg,11-156-018-05.jpg,11-156-018-07.JPG,11-156-018-06.JPG,11-156-018-03.JPG,11-156-018-02.jpg,11-156-018-04.jpg,11-156-018-09.jpg&CurImage=11-156-018-08.jpg&Description=RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail)
AMD Athlon XP 2700+ T-bred core
ASrock mobo (fixed)
512 megs of DDR-400 ram
ASUS 6800XT
6 gig HD (for now. After Dec. 20th will be 120 gigs)
DVD-ROM
Windows 2000 pro

POST offers!

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
amacgenius said:
Great guy to deal with!

roberto, you've been trying to unload this PC and DS for a while, why not just go to eBay?
Trying to avoid the fees. I am in great need of a iBook or Powerbook G3. With most of my classes at school needing a computer, this is a must. If anyone want's both of these for their iBook, I am willing to do so. I will even throw in a bunch of Ubuntu Linux disc's. NO 300 mhz iBooks please.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
reberto said:
Trying to avoid the fees. I am in great need of a iBook or Powerbook G3. With most of my classes at school needing a computer, this is a must. If anyone want's both of these for their iBook, I am willing to do so. I will even throw in a bunch of Ubuntu Linux disc's. NO 300 mhz iBooks please.
Honestly, how much is that, like $5? Oh well, it's your choice, good luck with trying to sell these :).

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
amacgenius said:
Honestly, how much is that, like $5? Oh well, it's your choice, good luck with trying to sell these :).
I'm cheep. Besides, there are a lot of dumb ebay people who don't pay and leave you a negative feedback saying "I paid! Where is my DS?" I just like to avoid the morons.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
i have a powerbook G3...not sure what codename.

my brother has it now but i think the specs were

333 mhz G3 processor (i'm sure of this)
300-something mb of RAm
15 GB HD i think....
CD ROM drive
there is no firewire on it though and the screen is very wobbly if the book is open at more than a 90º angle

i'm not sure if i can sell this yet but lemme no if u like...

btw i'm interested in the PC

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
i have a powerbook G3...not sure what codename.

my brother has it now but i think the specs were

333 mhz G3 processor (i'm sure of this)
300-something mb of RAm
15 GB HD i think....
CD ROM drive
there is no firewire on it though and the screen is very wobbly if the book is open at more than a 90º angle

i'm not sure if i can sell this yet but lemme no if u like...

btw i'm interested in the PC
I am VERY intrested. Could you add a little cash to it? I not asking for too much cash.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok well i gotta tell ya, this isn't mine, its my bro's but he doesn't use it nemore, its sitting in the closet. i'll ask him tonite and let you know ASAP. how much cash would i need to add?

also heres the only pic i could find of it, i'll take more when i get my hands on it.

could you post pics of the PC?

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
ok well i gotta tell ya, this isn't mine, its my bro's but he doesn't use it nemore, its sitting in the closet. i'll ask him tonite and let you know ASAP. how much cash would i need to add?

also heres the only pic i could find of it, i'll take more when i get my hands on it.

could you post pics of the PC?
The case has not come yet so I have no pics. and you don't need to add cash now if you don't mind that its mobo is dead. A new one is about $30 and I was asking if you would add $50 but it mobo is dead. I hope this is not a problem.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
robo74 said:
Do you know its the mobo for sure?

Rob
Yes, I put in a different mobo and it worked fine. I can't add the other mobo because its not mine.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
reberto said:
The case has not come yet so I have no pics. and you don't need to add cash now if you don't mind that its mobo is dead. A new one is about $30 and I was asking if you would add $50 but it mobo is dead. I hope this is not a problem.
ok, how easy is it to upgrade the video card in it?

how old is the machine?

why are you selling/trading it?

why are you still upgrading it if your looking to trade it?

and if i wait until after christmas to make the trade with all the upgrades etc, how much more do you think it would be

also how well does it function for playing games and stuff?

and finally, you wouldn't happen to have a cheap display lying around that youd throw into the deaL would you (would pay for it too) :p

EDIT: unless there is a way to use my new imac as a display (god that would be sweet, and it should really be a standard feature....

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
ok, how easy is it to upgrade the video card in it?

how old is the machine?

why are you selling/trading it?

why are you still upgrading it if your looking to trade it?

and if i wait until after christmas to make the trade with all the upgrades etc, how much more do you think it would be

also how well does it function for playing games and stuff?

and finally, you wouldn't happen to have a cheap display lying around that youd throw into the deaL would you (would pay for it too) :p

EDIT: unless there is a way to use my new imac as a display (god that would be sweet, and it should really be a standard feature....
1.VERY. Open the case, insert new cart. Boot up, install drivers/
2.About 1 month old
3.Don't use it
4.Ment to post this as a feeler
5.A lot more. The 6800XT is about $200
6.Smooth like butter (with the 6800XT)
7.Mine is a 21' CRT. Buy one from mxlews.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
reberto said:
1.VERY. Open the case, insert new cart. Boot up, install drivers/
2.About 1 month old
3.Don't use it
4.Ment to post this as a feeler
5.A lot more. The 6800XT is about $200
6.Smooth like butter (with the 6800XT)
7.Mine is a 21' CRT. Buy one from mxlews.
is this powerbook somethign that you would need urgently? becuase i'm almost definitely getting the powerbook for christmas from my brother if not sooner, basicly i'm going to get the powerbook one way or another and hopefully i'll ship it right off to you, but it might end up being after christmas

as for the 6800XT, i cannot afford to have that included. and i will probably go with mxlews CRT.

how much would it be to replace the mobo? would you be willing to have it repaired, i can pay the cost of that if its not too steep. other than that, it works fine right?

or is this not even working considering you don't have the case for it. oh well either way i am VERY interested

about the powerbook, it has 10.4.1 tiger installed on it as well as iLife 05, microsoft office X and possibly iWork, not entirely sure. i am unable to supply the original disks, so i don't know but i'm guessing i'd have to wipe the drive first

one thing to note, if i remember correctly, the battery might be starting to fail on it, i'm not quite sure, i'll find out when i get my hands on it

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
is this powerbook somethign that you would need urgently? becuase i'm almost definitely getting the powerbook for christmas from my brother if not sooner, basicly i'm going to get the powerbook one way or another and hopefully i'll ship it right off to you, but it might end up being after christmas

as for the 6800XT, i cannot afford to have that included. and i will probably go with mxlews CRT.

how much would it be to replace the mobo? would you be willing to have it repaired, i can pay the cost of that if its not too steep. other than that, it works fine right?

or is this not even working considering you don't have the case for it. oh well either way i am VERY interested

about the powerbook, it has 10.4.1 tiger installed on it as well as iLife 05, microsoft office X and possibly iWork, not entirely sure. i am unable to supply the original disks, so i don't know but i'm guessing i'd have to wipe the drive first

one thing to note, if i remember correctly, the battery might be starting to fail on it, i'm not quite sure, i'll find out when i get my hands on it
It was working, It had a case, I just hated it.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
ok sorry, great!! :D
Bad news, I checked my newegg account (which my parents use) to see my case's tracking # and they have ordered a motherboard AND a 6800XT. So you still want to trade the Powerbook + more?

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, i'm definitely still interested, how much more is it going to be, would you rather cash or is there something i could add to the trade....maybe theres something specific you need i don't know. i might be able to come up with the money, but then it would have to be for after christmas

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
ok, i'm definitely still interested, how much more is it going to be, would you rather cash or is there something i could add to the trade....maybe theres something specific you need i don't know. i might be able to come up with the money, but then it would have to be for after christmas
Get on IM now so we can talk. IM me a mrhappypants1@mac.com

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
some other things you might be interested in, i have a gamecube with over 20 games. various DVD's, an old printer and scanner, a sony cybershot 3.2 megapixel digicam. an imac G3 600mhz. hotdrive 40GB external firewire HD. i also have a set of golf clubs and a saxophone and a clarinet for sale if your interested

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
biohazard6969 said:
some other things you might be interested in, i have a gamecube with over 20 games. various DVD's, an old printer and scanner, a sony cybershot 3.2 megapixel digicam. an imac G3 600mhz. hotdrive 40GB external firewire HD. i also have a set of golf clubs and a saxophone and a clarinet for sale if your interested
Tempting but the macs are not fast enough. Any more offers? I have updated its specs.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Just as an FYI, I was talking to roberto the other day and I just happen to have the replacement motherboard that he was talking about, in case you needed one. I'm ready to sell or trade it right away if you are.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
skoker said:
Just as an FYI, I was talking to roberto the other day and I just happen to have the replacement motherboard that he was talking about, in case you needed one. I'm ready to sell or trade it right away if you are.
I have replaced the mobo so this is not needed but thanks though!