Feeler: PowerMac Dual 1.8 / 768RAM / 80GB HD / 120GB Ex / Radeon 9800 Pro / Applecare

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Hey all. I can't believe what just happened over my Thanksgiving break! My employer offered me an upper level marketing position for the marketing company I worked for as an intern for years. :) What does this have to do with a feeler thread you ask haha. Plain and simple, the company is giving me a nice Dell Latitude loaded with Adobe Creative Suite CS2 and QuarkXPress 6.1! Yeah, its windows I know, but its worth it for a free computer with all that software. I really should sell my PowerMac that I just got not more than a few weeks ago (used) since it really won't be used much at this point. I was thinking it would be worth somewhere in the $1,600 range plus shipping (with the upgraded graphics and remaining Applecare). I have had some really lowball offers but I know how much this system is worth the that price is pretty solid. PM me with any offers. It has the following specs

PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8 (900MHz FSB)
768MB DDR RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB Graphics Card
8x Superdrive
80GB Serial ATA Internal HD
120GB External Segate 7,200RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther (Tiger makes it chirp in WoW)
Applecare till June 2007
Office 2004 ONLY if you are a current student
Apple Pro White Keyboard (keyboard is only a few weeks old)
Apple Pro White Mouse (came with computer but hardly used)

NOW ON EBAY - Click here and bid :) Auction ends December 8th so bid now! :)

It will include the original box, ALL paperwork for applecare, and all software discs. If you are interested make me an offer. No trades please. I can now finally accept paypal as well to speed up the purchase process for anyone interested. Thanks all!

Oh and the mac is in MINT condition and runs just great. I can post pics when I get home.

Attachments

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
i dont know if i could go that high or not man. i would be able to shell out like $900 or 1000 +ibook. otherwise i might just sell u the ibook and buy the dual 2.0ghz g5 for $1500 through my friend

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
macg4 said:
i dont know if i could go that high or not man. i would be able to shell out like $900 or 1000 +ibook. otherwise i might just sell u the ibook and buy the dual 2.0ghz g5 for $1500 through my friend
As much as I hate to say it, I would probably go with your friends offer. You won't get the Radeon 9800 but $1500 for a dual 2.0 is a fantastic price. Plus the standard graphics on the dual 2.0 was not horrible so you could get by on that for awhile if you need to. Plus, if your friend is local I would definitely go that way and save the shipping charge ;)

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
Chrispy said:
As much as I hate to say it, I would probably go with your friends offer. You won't get the Radeon 9800 but $1500 for a dual 2.0 is a fantastic price. Plus the standard graphics on the dual 2.0 was not horrible so you could get by on that for awhile if you need to. Plus, if your friend is local I would definitely go that way and save the shipping charge ;)
true or i might just be cheap and get a used one for around $900-1000 :) . hey man i do appreciate the offer though, but for both of us it would be better proabably just to go through with u getting the ibook and me getting the cash.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Just updated listing to reflect that I will possibly accept trades for a nice G4 Dual 1.2GHz or higher plus cash.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I'm interested. Now as long as I don't blow too much money on Black Friday, maybe I can make a real offer to one of the many G5 offers in the Marketplace! :rolleyes:

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
applekid said:
I'm interested. Now as long as I don't blow too much money on Black Friday, maybe I can make a real offer to one of the many G5 offers in the Marketplace! :rolleyes:
I look forward to hearing back from you :) Happy shopping Friday :eek:

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Chrispy is an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT buyer and seller. I wouldn't ever hesitate to make another deal with him! Good luck with the sale Chrispy, and congrats on the new position!!! :)

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
ITASOR said:
Chrispy is an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT buyer and seller. I wouldn't ever hesitate to make another deal with him! Good luck with the sale Chrispy, and congrats on the new position!!! :)
Thanks for the kind words :) I am very excited about the position. I start distance training (from school) for the next 5 months and then I'm off and running :D

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
doucy2 said:
would that 9800 work in my g4 if it would
would u sell seperatly
Sorry doucy the 9800 is the special G5 only edition and will only work in a G5 PowerMac.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Would you be interested in a trade for the most current 12" Powerbook combo drive for your G5 without the video card and external HD?

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
slipper said:
Would you be interested in a trade for the most current 12" Powerbook combo drive for your G5 without the video card and external HD?
the most current one doesn't have a combo, only a superdrive, you mean the REV D one.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
slipper said:
Thanks for the offer but the only trades I would consider would be for possibly a Dual Core 1.2Ghz + PowerMac G4 plus cash. Doesn't hurt to ask tho :) Have a good Thanksgiving (assuming you are from the States).