Feeler: WTT 12" 1.33GHz 512MB PB for 12" iBook

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Thanks for the interest, but my PB is no longer available!

I'm looking to downgrade because I don't need the power of my PB. I'd ultimately love some cash, too so I don't mind the 1.2 GHz 12" iBook G4 . As for the iBook-- I'd like it to have 512 MB, at least 60GB HD, as well as either some time left on the original year of AppleCare or the extended AppleCare.

Thanks!

::edit:: I am also entertaining offers to buy my PB, ~$1100 or so.

Ok I should just put my specific specs to play it safe:
12" Rev. C Powerbook G4
1.33 GHz processor
256MB+256= 512MB RAM
60GB HD
Combo Drive
Original 1 year AppleCare until August 20, 2005
-Came w/ Panther-- still have all the original discs and the original box.
-Running Tiger and will include the disc unless your iBook doesn't include Tiger in which case I will uninstall Tiger and keep the disc for myself.

Some pictures of it...

There is a very slight scratch on the bottom-- this is the best shot I could get of it:

So there is no confusion to the ports on the PB...

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
I have a 12" ibook that I purchased in December of 2004 that has 768MB of RAM and a 30GB drive. I would entertain a trade if you are interested...

You have pics?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
kjr39 said:
I have a 12" ibook that I purchased in December of 2004 that has 768MB of RAM and a 30GB drive. I would entertain a trade if you are interested...

You have pics?
I won't be home (where my PB and camera are) for about 12 hours? So I'll try to get some pics up later. Hmm pity your HD is only 30GB. Any cash involved?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
devilot76 said:
I won't be home (where my PB and camera are) for about 12 hours? So I'll try to get some pics up later. Hmm pity your HD is only 30GB. Any cash involved?
Why not just keep the PB. In a few years, you'll be mad that you didn't keep the more powerful machine and need to buy another one. :eek:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have an iMac too! Good luck with the trade!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Itasor-- you're right, w/ the addition of my iMac G5 I really do NOT need the power of my PB.

lazyboy-- I may entertain your offer although you may not be interested in my PB because it IS combo drive.

Paragonvictim-- thanks!;)

Jimbia-- PM answered.

Any other offers?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
WeeShoo said:
how much do you want for it?
I'm not sure what a "fair" asking price is... I've noticed that others are selling iBooks for $1100. Seeing as mine is a PowerBook... um... I really don't know. I don't have much experience w/ selling tech. stuff. :eek:

Oh yeah, I have some ebay feedback under: devilot76, same w/ one transaction on Heatware, and I have had transactions w/ a couple MRers.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
WeeShoo said:
a 12'' 1.33 GHz iBook w/ 512 MB RAM is $999...
. . . and it has a slower FSB, no audio in, no DVI out, it's slightly heavier, it can't operate with its lid closed and it has half the VRAM. I probably missed something but the point is there are still big differences between the current 12" iBook and the 3rd generation 12" PowerBook.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
Rod Rod said:
. . . and it has a slower FSB, no audio in, no DVI out, it's slightly heavier, it can't operate with its lid closed and it has half the VRAM. I probably missed something but the point is there are still big differences between the current 12" iBook and the 3rd generation 12" PowerBook.
I realize that, Thats why I made that post to show devilot.

vlad88

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2005
Im interested, I have a 1.2ghz iBook G4.
12.1" XGA LCD monitor, Airport Extreme, 256MB of PC333 RAM, 30GB Hard Drive, a DVD/CD-RW combo slot loading drive, and a 1200MHz (1.2GHz) PowerPC G4 processor with 512KB L2 Cache.

The extras include: 1 ISO Apple iBook Keyboard (plus the USA keyboard), brand new Li-Ion battery, 2 ac adapters, Apple USB mouse, and lots of software. This is a nice system and will be shipped in the original box with the manuals and apple installation CD's.

refs:
Heatware under vlad88

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
vlad, I have sent you a PM.

Let's all play nice, now... ;) But thanks Rod and ichoosedeath, the input all around is well appreciated on my part!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
berkleeboy210 said:
I sold my 12" same specs as yours for around 1,200 a couple weeks ago. I now type this on a new 15" :)
Thank you for chiming in! At least now I have a ballpark figure. :eek:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hey folks... I've been made an offer for a 12" 1.2 GHz iBook w/ a 30GB HD, the person is also offering $175. Does that sound like a fair trade? Also, are there any ways for both parties to have some form of "insurance?"

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
devilot76 said:
Hey folks... I've been made an offer for a 12" 1.2 GHz iBook w/ a 30GB HD, the person is also offering $175. Does that sound like a fair trade? Also, are there any ways for both parties to have some form of "insurance?"
You could try out an escrow service, though I have no personal experience with them. Make sure that you pick a reputable one, though.

CiBoys

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
Hey i live in SF. i also have an iBook G4 1.07GHz, 60GB, Airport, Bluetooth, 768 RAM, purchase in september 2004/ still have a month of AppleCare. Can be diliver to you w/o the hasle of "shipping" PM me

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
devilot76 said:
I was thinking of offering my new iBook that hasn't even come yet + $100. What do you think about that? :eek:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
May 1, 2005
ITASOR said:
I was thinking of offering my new iBook that hasn't even come yet + $100. What do you think about that? :eek:
Are you serious? If you're serious... haha, maybe you could call apple and get your shipping address changed. :D

I'm starting to really consider trying to sell my PB here on MR instead of trade... if I was able to get $1200 or even $1100 then as a student myself, I could do the Student Union promo.