Feinstein breaks with Obama: 'ISIL is not contained'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 16, 2015.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/dianne-feinstein-obama-isil-215935
    Obama lies, what a shocker.

2. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

(Apologies to Casablanca)

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Feinstein's husband makes millions of dollars from his Pentagon contracts. She is always a reliable supporter of war and the military-industrial complex.

4. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Her husband is an investment banker. Some of his clients undoubtedly have Pentagon contracts, but I doubt if he does directly.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She was forced to quit a Senate Armed Services Subcommittee seat because of her husband's numerous Pentagon contracts.

6. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I'd be interested to see what they consisted of. Curious!

Maybe he was purchasing a B1.

Edit: OK, I see it. He owned about 24% of a company (URS Corp) that landed an Army contract. I stand corrected.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If I recall, he owned a couple of construction companies that received nearly two billion dollars in Pentagon contracts while DiFi sat on Armed Services, approving those contrasts.

8. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

and she is not in jail?

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She should be. However, when the San Fran Chronicle mentioned "conflict of interest" she took the hint. Of course, Cali keeps sending that pathetic old octogenarian back to Washington.

Incidentally, notice how the Democratic leadership is geriatric while the GOP leadership is rather youthful? Interesting contrast.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

ISIS is contained.

ISIS holds no appeal beyond the areas it is already operating in.

But I suspects the usual suspects have little interest in reading anything that requires some actual thought. Keep on shrieking your toxic cocktail of ignorance; fear; and bigotry. We're all very impressed.

11. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Yup. Just following Diane Feinstein's lead.

12. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Irony, the guy blaming fox news for the deaths of white males aged 45-54 pretends others are shrieking toxic cocktail of ignorance; fear; and bigotry. you were indeed impressive in that thread

by all means Overlook it's the claims from a democrat.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Contained to Syria, Iraq, North Africa, the Sinai, and Western Europe.

Besides those places, it's like looking for Sasquatch.

14. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

And for hopefully as long as possible (though probably not long enough), not the United States.

15. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Hey, no President has ever irritated me more than George W. Bush, but, I wouldn't criticize him for using judicious language as a President. Whenever any U.S. President speaks, people are looking for the "message". If Obama sounded too excited, people would take that as a message that he wanted to send in ground troops, which, he apparently doesn't. That isn't a lie. Dianne Feinstein may be mulling over the idea of sending in the troops. That is the message that I get.

Now, what do you prefer? That the U.S. send in troops, or, not send in troops?

Oh, and another thing-- I'm not disturbed at all that there should be disagreement among Democrats (or Republicans if they would allow themselves the option) over important policy matters. That is representative democracy. Most of the time, it is healthy.

16. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I would prefer we GTFO of the M-E , but sadly that is not going to happen , anyways image.jpeg

17. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

I agree with obama and the rest of the liberal secular progressives. ISIS is contained to the Earth. You don't see any of these screwballs on the moon, do you?

18. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I think Obama meant ISIL is contained militarily. We shan't be seeing ISIL tanks rolling out of Syria/Iraq. Their ideology (Islamic extremism) is an idea, and not even remotely new. Those are not easily "contained" and unfortunately appeals to some people living outside the battlefield.

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

Contained? That’s what we do to a completely committed religiously warring enemy who will stop at nothing to murder innocents?

Whoopie-do. That’ll come as solace to the orange clothed man missing his head, or to the once orange clothed man who’s body is now ashes in a cooling cage.

20. Happybunny macrumors 68000

IMO you are using these terrible events to further your own agenda, if you really cared about these two HUMAN Beings, that were murdered in absolute horrific circumstances you might have used their NAMES.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

You forgot to add, "Fooey on you!"

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Despite what Obama may believe, relief that ISIS tanks are not rolling down the Champs-Elysées isn't the primary emotion Parisians feel today.

23. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I think there would be considerably more panic if ISIL tanks were rolling through Paris. This is the difference between militarily contained and not.