FEMA Apologizes After Sham News Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Oct 26, 2007.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3782176

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I, along with most people, have been really impressed with the FEMA response. This was a totally unnecessary stunt. If anything, while not changing my view of those on the ground, my opinion of the leadership is lessened.

I'm glad, that for once, the WH wasn't involved in a PR mess.

3. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

This seems unnecesary given the fact that it appears they are doing a good job. You have got to take advantage of all the good news and press you can, and for heaven's sake if you can't do that at least sit on your hands and don't turn it into a negative...which is exactly what they did here...:rolleyes:

4. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I wish I could say, "Wow, how unbelievable." Alas...

And why would they think they'd get away with it, anyhow?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Makes one wonder how many times this has worked in the past...

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't Bush once do something similar with a speech in front of members of the military who were actually part of the military's publicity dept? Forgot what they're called, but at least he got called on it. Kinda.

Yeah, I'm not surprised either, and it is doubly stupid since they didn't even make things worse this time.

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

The man on NPR who reported about this had a good response:

He interviewed himself about the situation.

He also made sure to give himself some flattering compliments, just as the staffers did.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

To quote Olbermann about the guy responsible, who was supposed to be promoted, but wasn't after this: “…We’re told that a high ranking member of the Bush administration reviewed someone’s record, found him lacking and then severed ties with him."

:D

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This is right out of the Soviet Union's playbook. :eek:

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

FEMA...isnt that just another Social Program destroyed by BushCo? Not much that comes from this administration that isnt fiction.

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This is old hat for this administration. Remember Jeff Gannon? How did an unknown reporter, with mediocre press credentials, and an 'interesting' past, get to work in the White House Press Corps?

Or, the allegiance questionnaires for town-meetings? Rummy getting a friendly military audience, except for one notable exchange. The White House has been handling it's public face for so long it's become reflexive. This time they got caught.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I almost forgot about gay prostitute "Jeff Gannon". I don't get it though. They already have their own media propagandists. Now they're just getting lazy.

I was trying really hard not to laugh when Chertoff was talking about how they wouldn't tolerate such things, so I started crying instead.