FEMA Contract Called for 30 Million Meals for Puerto Ricans. 50,000 Were Delivered.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Feb 6, 2018.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Very typical for the Trump administration, hiring wholly unqualified people to do really important jobs. Puerto Rico would be Trump's Katrina if they weren't brown people living in an American territory. Sad.

Compare that to Chef Jose Andres who served over 3 million meals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/us/fema-contract-puerto-rico.html

2. Mousse macrumors 68010

Mousse

Wut!?:confused: Five canceled government contracts, company of one, not named Jesus.* Even a blind man can see THAT many red flags.:rolleyes:

*Everyone knows when you need to feed a large number of people, hire a guy named Jesus. There's a cook in my neighborhood named Jesus who makes 5000 tacos a day, damn good tacos too.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should be jail time involved for this.

4. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Yeah. For POTUS.

5. samiwas macrumors 68000

Wait...they awarded a $156 million contract to a single person "company" to provide 30 million meals to a disaster zone? Someone thought this was a good plan?

Bu the better question is...has there been any backlash, or is this chick just getting away with it?

6. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

7. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

This is the first I have heard of it. Trump slams the media, calls them fake news, but if anything they have his back on this one. Not a peep on my news channels.

8. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

FEMA eh... remember the electricity contract awarded to two person company? now food contract to this one person company? Isn't there any check in place? WHo is bidding and who is receiving contracts? just wow.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

This “company” has been getting contracts to supply all kinds of things for the government for years now. It’s like some kind of money laundering scheme you’d hear about involving the CIA. This is really bizarre. This one is low hanging fruit for the OP’s daily anti-Trump thread, but this has been going on since Obama was president.

Ha just noticed a certain someone got suspended. What did he do?

10. Mousse macrumors 68010

Mousse

Y'all know that government contract joke, right? I bet there's a lot of kickbacks happening here.:mad:

11. jdillings macrumors 68000

It has nothing to do with Trump. Many local, state and federal government contracts give preference to Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE). I'm sure this is how she got awarded the contract.

12. Zenithal macrumors G3

Typically, if you do business through FBO and screw up enough, you get blacklisted. I wonder what's going on.

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It’s not Trump’s fault, but he could fix it. He won’t, because he’s a racist moron who probably forgot he’s the president of PR and has reverted to calling them a **** hole country.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Plausible conclusion, but do you have any evidence whatsoever that leads you to it?