Female in UAE and get RAPED you may go to prison yourself...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by deany, Nov 17, 2016.

1. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

2. deany, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

No doubt there are zero UAE MR members as in UAE internet access will be blocked to US sites.

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You're just now finding this out about Islam, most Islamic nations blame the woman for rape.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

as well as a sizeable percentage of Americans.

5. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

of course she is to blame. i doubt she was wearing a burka like all women should.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Except in extremely rare circumstances in which it's not clear what happened, I have never heard a single person blaming the woman.
    And we're talking about the LAW, not public perception. She was sent to jail because she was raped.

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You have a source for that claim, or are you speaking a out your arse?

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

He needed to change the topic from the law of the land to public perception in social media.
    And he's incorrect even at that.

9. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

No doubt most of those charged are Muslim women, just as most of those killed by ISIS and other terror groups are Muslim - even those of the same sect.

10. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I guess it matters how we define "sizeable percentage", every percentage has a size, so Zero, is, in fact, a "sizeable percentage".

I'm sure he meant to say "Right Wing Extremist™".

11. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

If you get cheated in the UAE and then write about it online then you can also go to jail. Pretty much if you say anything bad about a local you go to prison. Similar laws in Thailand also. They do not want any bad news going online that could tarnish their image. If the victim is a non-local the chances are very high it has to be their fault lol. It is never the local person's fault because it can't be. In Israel it is the same when ever there is a problem between the Israeli and Palestinian it is always the fault of the Palestinian

http://m.thenational.ae/uae/tough-u...see-expats-deported-for-saving-someones-photo

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emi...als-warn-of-jail-and-fine-2016-03-13-1.624032

12. Populism, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Indeed, there now nearly 4 million Muslims in the US. That is, as you say, a "sizable percentage of Americans".

13. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

"If the victim is a non-local the chances are very high it has to be their fault lol."

With the greatest of respect when was the last time you took a neurocognitive test?

14. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I think this person was being sarcastic, I hope so anyway.

15. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

I don't think he was.

Even if he was one should not LOL over a rape.

16. Teon macrumors regular

Teon

I just found out.
    Just how radically different mentality and principle of thinking. Especially with respect to sexual matters.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I think he meant to lol at the idiotic concept that it's not their fault.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

like we never see that with christianity or even just regular society in the us.

19. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Sounds like your defending a LOL in regard to rape whether "idiotic concept" or not its inappropriate
    I'm sure you wouldn't defend LOL if it was your daughter.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Find me a christian country where it's law of the land.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 17, 2016 ---
    I am not defending anything. I think that he was simply underlining how idiotic is the concept that it's someone else's fault, not the rape. Only he can clarify what he meant.

21. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Dude - chill the f out - where in that guy's/girl's post did he even mention "rape"? He didn't, because he was discussing "victims" as in the people who write negative things about UAE online and are punished.

"Your daughter". What the hell. Get a grip.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so if it is not law it does not happen? why do you think women don't want to go to the police when they are raped? we so so many cases where the women is blamed. do I need to bring up legitimate rape? How any stories do I need to post where judges gave the rapist a slap on the hand for even child rape??? really your argument is just poo poo. hell the bible does it too. women have always been blamed for rape.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

We are talking about a country (actually several) in which it is law of the land that if a woman gets raped she ends up in jail... or even stoned to death.
    It's a whole new level from public perception, which yes... it's disgusting, but doesn't bear the same direct consequences. Unfortunately you are going to have idiots in every country, and you're going to have people ready to judge. This will have to change of course, and I think that our society is doing a pretty decent job, although there is a lot of work to do. Women should not feel threatened if they need to tell their story. And we have to support women in their psychological struggle.
    But don't even attempt to tell me that it's the same thing as incarcerating or killing a woman BY LAW because someone forced himself on them.

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You sure this is the UAE and not the wonderfully multicultural EU?