Feminist expecting boy - got abortion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Anitramane, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Anitramane macrumors 6502

"Last night, I read this blog post and felt nauseous. It’s horrible. A woman named Lana admitted to aborting her child because she was going to have a boy. She also said if this “curse” returned (i.e. finding out she’s pregnant with a boy) she would do it again. This comes after she proudly states she has a healthy 1-year-old girl, who will “be just as strong and driven as her mother.” Nothing wrong with having girls, but sex-selective abortion–or any abortion–is especially wrong.

Oh, and she wants you all to know; she doesn’t hate men:

I stand by my decision to abort my baby because it was a male.

I don’t hate men, I hate the patriarchy, what men, and even some women, turn into, I wasn’t going to let that happen with my offspring. The chances were greater that it would with a male, it was unacceptable. "

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad

Was it right or wrong for this to be the reason for abortion?

2. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Beyond wrong, I'm very pro-choice but situations like these disgust me.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

I also blame the guy who stuck his peepee in her.

Don't you also sometimes see pregnant women and ask yourself: Why? ... Who? and even How?! :D

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Her body/her choice some feminist are wayyy the hell out there

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

"Bat**** crazy lunatic fringe Feminist expecting boy - got abortion"

Fixed.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Same thing happens in China every day, if the baby is a girl. If they can't afford an abortion, then there is always the river...

However, Townhall is right there on the lunatic fringe with World Nut Daily so take it for what it's worth.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You can find idiots anywhere, although this could just a troll blog. I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm not a fan of gender restricted groups.

8. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That's pretty disgusting and partly why I have moral concerns about abortion on demand.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

In 2011 (CDC) there were 730,322 legal induced abortions. Within that population there will be a good number of people who base that decision on selfish, shallow, and ill-conceived reasoning. If I were to make a decision based on such poor reasoning I wouldn't write about for everybody to see. I would try to keep that to myself.

But the direct answer to your question is that it is the wrong reason to have an abortion.

10. jkcerda, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015

jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't understand. It's her body, why is this news?

What does her being a feminist have to do with anything?

(Hint: if you don't believe women are property and should have control over their own lives you are a feminist)

Much to do about nothing.

13. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I'm very much leaning towards the Snopes verdict on this one at present:

"The tale's lack of plausibility, combined with the use of a brand-new site to publish it, indicated the account was likely a troll for pageviews, not a real-life account representing the sordid state of feminism. While many skeptical readers believed the hoax was aimed at promoting an anti-abortion agenda, it's also possible the site's purveyor fabricated the tale primarily to generate outrage-based clicks."

14. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

She does have the right to abort and I don't think anybody is critisizing that. But to go through an abortion just because she does not agree with the sex of the boy is disgusting.

She made the information public, she deserves all the criticism.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Frankly, I don't care what your opinion on her life decisions are. It's her uterus.

This reeks of nothing but a "whip up the religious right" news site kind of story.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

1 because she is guano crazy., see below.

2 her crazy views is why she admittedly aborted.
    3 nice fallacy :rolleyes: I have no problems with abortion, sure as hell not a "feminist".

----------

yeah, GOD forbid someone criticizes a feminist nut killing a fetus for no other reason that he was "male" and possibly a monster

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

I certainly do.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Damn shame everyone is ignoring this post. I read through the story, and the whole thing smacks of ragebait.

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

hey!

20. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

If and when there is a gay gene discovered I can guarantee this "her body, her decision" mindset will go out the window overnight. Those tunes will change quick fast and we will see plenty of plans to restrict on demand abortion.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Sup?

See what I mean? Ragebait. The story isn't real, but it's guaranteed to rile people up, and get the internet's juices flowing.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

either she is nuts or this is one of those fake abortion tales to show how bad abortion is. hard to tell really.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

it's on the internet, its real :D

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think you may be right.

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

She might very well be. I've read enough crazy over the years to think this could happen.

...but I still kinda doubt it. For one thing, it wasn't some post on some random messageboard dedicated to like-minded people that ended up getting linked to by some other site or another. That's usually how crazy on the internet gets exposed.