Few more SSD questions... Dad worried about them being dying on me...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iHalo, Nov 25, 2010.

1. iHalo macrumors regular

My laptop (13 inch MacBook Pro) is my school machine. The two SSDs we are looking at are the following:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1#ReviewHeader
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227551

Will the Crucial be faster than the OCZ? And will the crucial fit in the 13 inch MacBook Pro as easily as the OCZ?

Also, what are my options if this SSD dies on me within 2 weeks like some of the reviews say? I need my machine to be up and running.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. iHalo thread starter macrumors regular

Hey Hellhammer,

I always appreciate your quick responses. Just wondering, how is the OCZ faster when the read speeds are up to 355 MB/s on the Crucial vs 285 on the OCZ?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Crucial gets 355MB/s when connected via SATA 6Gb/s. All Macs have SATA 3Gb/s which has maximum bandwidth of ~285MB/s

5. perfectshadows macrumors member

I can vouch for the OCZ vertex 2.

I spent weeks researching these drives and cruical was on my list as there easy to get hold off but after many many reviews I decided that sandforce controllers were far more stable and more consistant the cruical showed considerable performance drops after usage where as the ocz was fine.

the OCZ is great click itunes and bang its running :D

I wish I kept those links I used, I got them off her after using mroogle to find info about them.

6. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

ocz vertex 2/owc are the best. Sandforce driven.