few pics of my 17" i7 anti-glare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tekmoe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. tekmoe, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

tekmoe macrumors 68000

blah blah blah blah blah

Attached Files:

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

3. rawd macrumors regular

Sweet! How come your keyboard is gray, or is it my eyes playing tricks on me

4. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I was wondering the same thing, the one 17" MBP with the i7 and matte HD screen that I saw in the store had the black keys. I love the old silver keys on my late 2007 MBP.

5. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

He's got this rubbery protection thing over the keyboard

6. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

What made you decide that the difference between the i5 and the i7 is worth the extra cash? I thought they were supposed to be not too dissimilar.

Out of interest for myself, congrats on your decision!

7. rawd macrumors regular

I ordered an i7 over the i5 because I can always upgrade the ram or HD at a later date but I can't upgrade the CPU. I plan on keeping the MBP aslong as possible so choosing the max CPU possible was an easy choice

8. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Yeah, thought that was probably it, considered the same, but thought I doubt I'll regret not getting the i7 in a few years, but I'd probably regret spending the extra doh on one now :p.

9. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, it's an iSkin keyboard protector. I've been using it since the Powerbook G4 days. Luckily it still fits the Unibody keyboard and I didn't have to go out and buy a newer one. :)

I pretty much feel the same way as rawd. I want this baby to last as long as possible.

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Personally I always look at it this way: right now there isn't that much of a difference between the i5 and the i7 —*unless you're doing some specific stuff, or really want to fastest available. So... by the time the i5 gets too slow for what you'll be doing in the future, it doesn't mean that everything would still be fast if you'd gotten the i7. It'll also be too slow, just a little bit less.

11. wkam macrumors member

Looks stunning, can't wait til I get my own Mac in 5months :p Anyone think they would update them anytime between now til January?

Can someone also link me to web in comparing the new CPU's? Thanks a bunch!

12. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Very true. I can't disagree with you. I also can't deny the fact that some of it also has to do with wanting the fastest money can buy. Now if only I had enough money to buy a Ferrari... :D

13. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

ah man.. that's awesome.. I returned 4 models before getting a refund. I'm so sick of Apple's ****** quality control.

14. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Ditto, although I would get the i7 if I had spare cash to spend B).

15. CoolMJR macrumors newbie

After waiting since last year I was drooling when this finally came out and bought it the first day.

I went for the same MBP 2.66 i7 with the antiglare screen and all I can say is wow. Totally worth it.

16. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

I've read comments from more than a few people where they talk about how they don't like the aluminum bezel on the anti-glare models. Well, I guess they don't remember this is how PowerBooks and even MacBook Pros (pre-unibody) used to look. I personally think it looks much better than the glass screens with the black bezel. It feels like I'm working on a really fast PowerBook. (G5 anyone?) ;)

I'm still in agreement though that the glossy screens look better. I hate how there are some people who like the glossy and bash the matte or vice versa. I think both look excellent. It's just that the glossy makes the colors looks so much more vivid and everything behind the glass is extremely sharp. Matte gives a more natural look to my eyes. But I honestly decided to go with matte because one of my main purposes for using this computer is to edit my photos with Aperture. I've read pages upon pages of opinions on the subject and I came to the conclusion that a glossy screen would probably not be best for my needs. I also do kind of agree that glossy was intended for more of the mainstream crowd. Once all of the other computer manufacturers started building their notebooks with glossy screens, I'm sure Apple decided it would be in their best interest to jump on the bandwagon. I believe MacBooks were the first Apple notebooks to incorporate this feature.

17. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I am so tempted to do the same, I bought the 17" I5 Glossy.

Now, I am sure want the I7 but I'm not completely sold on the Anti Glare.

Maybe it was just the calibration, but the Matte looks so washed out compared to the glossy at the apple store. Plus Im in the camp of not a fan of the silver bezel, but thats not a deal breaker I just like the look of the black bezel better.

I went to the Apple Store today and if I want to upgrade (no restock fee, cool manager!) I have to get the I7 with the antiglare oppose to the glossy, since they wont stock the glossy in the I7.

So my options are keep the I5 Glossy or i7 Matte.

Edit: By chance how is the heat comparison? I7 much warmer than the I5?

18. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

If you got the extra $, upgrade it! You won't regret it.