Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seebol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
1) Do you think that the Cram and Jam special will cover the new Ipods? I noticed that ThinkSecret only said that the new Ipod was going to be "announced" in August. When will it actually be up for sale? And will I get $200 off? Or maybe, even if the new Ipods have a delay, will the current ones experience an immediate price drop?

2) The nearest Apple Store is 4 or 5 hours away. Should I just order online, or has anyone experienced special deals by going a to a physical apple store? Free RAM, cheap accessories, cheaper applecare?

Thanks

stoid

macrumors 601
Order online, unless you are unsure of your purchase. Then you should go to the retail store and use one for a bit to make sure you are getting the right thing. I seriously doubt that you'll get anything special by going to the retail store other than instant gratification.

zakee00

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2004
i seriously doubt the C&J offer will cover the new ipods. dosnt make much sense to apple, they want everyone to buy up the old ipods first to make room for the new ones.
i dont think a real apple store has better deals than online, except you have to pay shipping online.

budaapple

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2004
Ill.
agreed

Apple would not be offering the cram and jam deal if it was not trying to clear the channel of the old Ipod. But anyway $200 off on a 40gig Ipod is a sweet deal no matter what they bring out. Grab it and run its sweet.

12" PB
dual 1.25 G-4
Lime Imac (old school)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.