Figured out how to get the old $30 unlimited plan even if u never had it!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stayfly2407, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

If u arnt grandfathered into the 30 unlimited plan and only have 2g of data like I did you can automatically be grandfathered in by getting the original iPhone( the one that came out in 2007) and putting that on ur account using iTunes, it will ask u if u want the $30 unlimited data plan, select it then once it's on and u have the old iPhone activated, reactivate your iPhone 4 and now you are grandfathered in!:D

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Seriously!?! Did you try this yourself or did you hear of it from somewhere? I'd try it if I still had my original iPhone but I gave it away to a family member last year. I'd be amazed to hear if this works for other people.

3. Helixc0de macrumors regular

What I do is I call up AT&T and I say some how my old data plan disappeared. I have done this multiple times and it works every time for me.

4. AML225 macrumors regular

This is an old trick and has been around for a while. I think AT&T wised up so you may see it get changed back.

5. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

A friend of mine told me about it, so I tried it Once I got his old iPhone and it worked. I'm new to AT&T as of 5 months ago. Now I have unlimited data, sweeet. Go get 1! I'm sure u can find one on craigslist for cheap

6. MorganB macrumors member

Wow great tip. I knew i kept my original iPhone around for something!

7. dave006 macrumors 68020