Filling the Swamp - Another Goldman Sachs Alum Confirmed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by poloponies, May 2, 2017.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I don't believe he is worried about irony; he is pointing out hypocrisy. Your lot grandstanded on wanting Clinton to release her transcripts for the Goldman Sachs speeches (which were irrelevant), supported a guy who stated that he was going to drain the swamp of the very corporatists and corporate lobbyists that were a plague on our government, then not only did a complete 180-degree shift on that, but continued to fill the swamp with the very same people he campaigned on getting rid of in government.

Your lot supported the guy; your lot owns this, and there is no real defense of his actions. So man up and take responsibility for the smeg-up, instead of trying to find reasons to rationalize and justify his actions.

BL.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I asked an honest question about how we define the swamp and you crawled up my ass and got nasty.

Sadly typical of "your lot".

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I never personally 'got up your arse'. Your side is all about claiming and taking personal responsibility; now that the person your lot supported is now in the White House, he has failed on doing the exact thing you championed in him. He failed your lot, and your lot was genuinely warned on that; so when are you going to take responsibility for those actions?

BL.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

since obama bailed out that very swamp you guys should really have no problems with WS being in the WH.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bush passed TARP, not Obama.

BL.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I love irony.....................................

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Search my posts. I've said I'm very displeased with Trump and that he's just another political clown, a pig, etc. Where have you been?

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Who did you vote for?

BL.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that is NOT taking resposibility [​IMG]

:p

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama ran on closing GITMO, ending the wars & transparency.
    how did YOU held YOURSELF accountable when he failed?

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's well known here that I voted for Trump.

He also hasn't delivered on one thing he promised me. A fact that should make you very happy. So what are you bitching about?

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why? Corporatists coupled with corporate power are destroying the country, why are we to have no problems with it because a corporatist who was a little friendlier on social issues bailed out the swamp previously?

Disingenuousness is unbecoming.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Lol. Obama did "end transparency".

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Given the sheer number of "national security" shutdowns of legitimate trials, I don't disagree.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did I say I was happy? hell neither bailout should have happened IMHO .

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

And the millions he spent (taxpayer funds) to fight FOIA requests. Shameful.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Being happy, and making a disingenuous assertion about "you guys" (whomever that may be) are to completely different things, if that's what you're going to bold. ;)

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Take to @bradl about "you guys" statements.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

pointing out there was no issue when Obama did bailouts..which again should have never happened, they should have failed.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup.

There's an interesting dynamic that happens in the USA. Usually, a republican administration comes in and dismantles/alters a preconceived understanding about how laws are applied or adhered to and everyone loses their ****. Then the democratic administration comes in and continues the same process writ large, or tweaking it slightly so it's "smart" which then "legitimizes" said process.

Torture
    Habeas
    Deportation

Take your pick, all the same schtick.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Let's get another thing straight before we take one more step. I represent one person: me. I don't have a lot, a crew, a group, anything. I don't speak for anyone else. I speak for me. Don't ask me to defend a group of individuals I've never met.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Because that had nothing to do with the topic at hand for one thing.

Additionally, I know you have a bad habit of not bothering with the details (and on the bailouts in particular I can't blame you, it's an absurd timeline of events), but which bailout specifically are we talking about?

I personally think the auto bailout was good and necessary, but would have demanded the firing of all the executives and used the government ownership of the car companies to retool them for mass transit in their domestic factories. That alone would have spurred a massive reinvestment all along the supply chain to focus on the needs of the country, instead of pumping out more **** cars.

As for the banks, those *******s should have burned, a debt jubilee declared for their victims, and the executives should still be sitting in jail for a maximum 25 year sentence.

So I personally don't like these "shouldn't have done the bailout" narratives because it conflates separate events, and tends to ignore any and all nuance that should be in any discussion.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Let them all fail. No need for nuance. Something fails and something else takes its place. World keeps spinning.