Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
The update is "strongly recommended for all users working with DV and DVCPRO50 devices. This update resolves an issue in which certain Final Cut Pro configurations would generate repeated frames during Edit to Tape operations."
Located in Software Update.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
great. now i've got all this stuff to catch up on when i finally get a PowerBook.

almost got a second-hand 17" yesterday, but the seller never returned my emails..... i was *this* close.:(

Comment

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Originally posted by cb911
great. now i've got all this stuff to catch up on when i finally get a PowerBook.

almost got a second-hand 17" yesterday, but the seller never returned my emails..... i was *this* close.:(

Yeah - there's a bunch on eBay. We're in that Limbo state now where I'm either gonna buy a second hand 17" from eBay (gain for Apple = $0) or just sit on my hands some more. (Currently using XP, and therefore, life is kind of crappy)

Now back to the thread about Final Cut.

Comment

.a

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2001
tomorrow there'll be a workshop/presentation of fc4 at zuerich.
i hope, i find some time. it's the whole afternoon... could be interesting.
or perhaps you people know his too: is fc pro 4 optimized for g5?
.a

Comment

wbrowne1

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
FCP on a G5...

I remember reading an article last week about someone using fcp on a Dual2 G5 at a recent expo or conference. He said that the program did in fact recognize the proccessors as G5's and that almost all of the effects were in real time (im guessing at the offlineRT res). I'll try to find a link.

Comment

PHGN

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2003
London
Originally posted by MacsRgr8
I wish it were in my software update control panel... :)

If memory serves -- software update only winds updates for software programs it finds installed -- and its pretty thick when it comes to looking. If FCP isnt in the top of the Aplications dir then it won't think its installed. IE if its in MacintoshHD/Aplications/Video Stuff/FCP4 then you'll never see any updates.

Comment

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by PHGN
If memory serves -- software update only winds updates for software programs it finds installed -- and its pretty thick when it comes to looking. If FCP isnt in the top of the Aplications dir then it won't think its installed. IE if its in MacintoshHD/Aplications/Video Stuff/FCP4 then you'll never see any updates.
I belive he was stating he wished he had a copy of FCP to update......heh.
;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.