Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Following a slew of pre-Christmas updates, Apple has also released the following updates in Software Update:

Final Cut Pro 4.1.1

This update addresses issues that may be encountered with Final Cut Pro if you are using the Simplified Chinese Input Method, which is the way that users enter Simplified Chinese characters on a Macintosh computer.

Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 is recommended for users using Final Cut Pro 4 on a Simplified Chinese system.

Live Type 1.1.1

LiveType 1.1.1 addresses compatibility issues with 3rd party LiveFont, textures, and objects. This update includes all previous maintenance releases and is strongly recommended for all Final Cut Pro 4 users with earlier versions of LiveType.

This update includes all previous updates to LiveType, providing the following additional fixes and/or improvements:
- Timeline enhancements: improved media descriptions, effect order setting, snapping, copying and pasting effects
- Matte to Texture feature available directly from the Media Browser
- Individual effect assignment for selected characters
- Ability to replace movies and images
- Proper behavior interpolation when applying two or more effects
- Improved memory usage

Xcode 1.1
The Xcode 1.1 Update provides overall stability and performance enhancements to Xcode IDE, as well as improvements to debugging, workflow, the Xcode build system and CodeSense. It is recommended that all Xcode users install this update.

visor

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
in bed
hey,

looks like xmas is here. updates, updates, updates...;) i'm installing about an hour already ...

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
Its beging to look a lot like Christmas (singing).

Apple's elfs had been very busy. What's next 3GHz G5 powerbooks, the reborn of the newton... and can't take any more..
:D

restiffbard

macrumors member
May 6, 2003
Virginia
sweet jesus!

does this happen every christmas? I must admit this is my first christmas with a Mac but good googly moogly. What is it now? 8 updates in a week?

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
xCode

xCode update showed up in my Software Update even though I never had it installed. I'm downloading it, and trust it is the complete package. Be nice to try it out finally.

ckwm

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2003
UK
This a real burst of updates. Is this usual or a clearing of hte decks ready for MWSF?

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
XCode 1.1 is a significant update. The Readme is extensive. I'm impressed they've fixed the little gripe I had about the "Effective C++ Warnings" not working.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

6 and moving up... wow, There must be something big coming... It wouldn't surprise me if they realize an ad with... and you will see why 2004 won't be like 2004...:)

What will we get tomorrow? Ohhhh, January... I cant write more... I'll wait...

MikeAtari

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2003
Philly
XCode 1.1 and Java( any Doc? )

Can XCode be used to write Java now?
I haven't found any Doc and it's not exactly like the previous version "project builder?".

I really could use a gread java IDE on the Apple platform.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Re: sweet jesus!

Originally posted by restiffbard
does this happen every christmas? I must admit this is my first christmas with a Mac but good googly moogly. What is it now? 8 updates in a week?

Then yOu should feel right at home since on the windows side of things updates like these are daily thing? right? :D ;) the only difference is they call them service packets and don't taste as yummy :)

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
XCode 1.1 - code insight is vastly more faster now - fast enough to renable it for automatic look up :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.