Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Finished all the chapters on Hard Mode. absolutely loved the extra challenge. Also did the optional bosses in Hard Mode. Only a couple of small trophies for the platinum one. I'm going to have a hard time letting go of this game...

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Finished all the chapters on Hard Mode. absolutely loved the extra challenge. Also did the optional bosses in Hard Mode. Only a couple of small trophies for the platinum one. I'm going to have a hard time letting go of this game...
Absolute madman!

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Got the Platinum Trophy. Loved every second of it. Nothing to do anymore, yet I don't want to quit the game. Would be nice if we'd get a surprise update with a "nightmare" difficulty :p

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

I’m 44 hours in the game and I find it very difficult. I had maybe 3 or 4 Game Over!

I’m at level 32 and I keep losing at Shinra Combat Simulator. Shall I finish the game first & come back?

Which guide or walkthrough would you recommend?

This Remake is absolutely fantastic. I really love Tifa, her Theme & voice & background story make it the most interesting character. On the original I always loved Aerith but now I love Tifa.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I finished it! 54 hours! What an ending! Overall I really loved this remake, some quests were meaningless and artificially numerous but the atmosphere of the whole game is amazing! I still love the original better but maybe it's just nostalgia. Very impressed by the difference between the two, as I finished it in 70 hours last month.

I am trying to get all the stuff now.

Regarding SP when you level up, do they apply only on the weapon you wear? Or all the weapons?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I finished it! 54 hours! What an ending! Overall I really loved this remake, some quests were meaningless and artificially numerous but the atmosphere of the whole game is amazing! I still love the original better but maybe it's just nostalgia. Very impressed by the difference between the two, as I finished it in 70 hours last month.

I am trying to get all the stuff now.

Regarding SP when you level up, do they apply only on the weapon you wear? Or all the weapons?

Congrats! Now go go hard mode! Platinum trophy took me 108 hrs (took my time, no need to rush)

SP is for all weapons you have, you'll have to use a weapon's special ability to permanently learn it though.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks!

Yes I’ll try hard but first there are some trophies I want to get like the bike thing & the dresses. I found the normal difficultly very hard.

I’m now struggling with the Shinra Combat simulator in hard. It was surprisingly easy for Cloud and now it’s Tifa’s turn. But I always lose at the MOTH. Any suggestions?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Thanks!

Yes I’ll try hard but first there are some trophies I want to get like the bike thing & the dresses. I found the normal difficultly very hard.

I’m now struggling with the Shinra Combat simulator in hard. It was surprisingly easy for Cloud and now it’s Tifa’s turn. But I always lose at the MOTH. Any suggestions?

MOTH does electric damage, so equip lightning+elemental on her accessory so it doesn't hurt her. It's materia you'll need to level to max stars to make some bosses in hard mode easy peasy!

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks for tip!

So I am at 72 hours and just beat Marlboro, took me several tries, grrr but happy it is done. I still have the last battle "Pride & Joy" and few other trophies before starting Hard mode.

Shall I leave "Pride & Joy" for the very end or can I beat him before starting all chapters in Hard?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Thanks for tip!

So I am at 72 hours and just beat Marlboro, took me several tries, grrr but happy it is done. I still have the last battle "Pride & Joy" and few other trophies before starting Hard mode.

Shall I leave "Pride & Joy" for the very end or can I beat him before starting all chapters in Hard?

Save yourself the trouble and do the chapters first. Make sure you always equip materia that needs leveling. MP/HP Up, Magic Up, Elemental, all the types of magic (it's a trophy so you'll have to level those anyway). It will also raise your fighting skills. Hard Mode is called hard mode for a reason :)

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Yes, I think you are right. I am always losing at Bahamut, this guy is so tough. I’m getting better though against the previous summon. I’ll do a few chapters but the difficulty is similar than the Shinra Combat Simulator? I hope it’s easier until at least Hell House. ?

All my materia are MAX, except one or two. I need to get more SP and get some Manuscripts. I’m following 2 guides so I hope I can get them easily.

My biggest concern is MP, I find it so unfair you can’t regenerate them. I’m afraid I will struggle even by using a lot of Prayers.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Managing your MP is a part of hard mode, better get used to it ;-) Those manuscripts will make your characters a lot stronger, try to get as many as you can.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Sooooo I FINALLY BEAT THAT MOFO!!!! Took me a week! I tried the strategy of the guy that finishes the challenge in 10 min but I couldn't pass after Leviathan. So I came back with my own strategy, kick kick kick and healing once in while with Aerith. I survived the first Megaflare and the second one, right before I had my limit ready to be unleashed, so great to finish Bahamut like that.

Then Pride & Joy I just kick kick kick from the back, threw a bit of Thundaga...and Fat Chocobo killed him nicely.

YAY I felt I accomplished something with my life, finally! WOUHOUHOUHOUH!!!

Last edited:

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks, mate!

I’m doing the Hard mode now. I did the first 2 chapters. A bit of struggle with Scorpion but I believe it will get worst after...?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
It's a real challenge sometimes, but I found it really rewarding to finish the game on hard mode. No more button mashing, but time to really understand the fighting mechanics and use them to your advantage.

Reactions: gigatoaster

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Finished all chapters in hard! ?

It took me 113 hours.

In the end, I didn't find a huge difference between normal & hard. I struggled just 3 times with Sephiroth. Now, I need to complete my play log and maybe get all the trophies.

Any news yet already of the next part of the game? 2021 or 2022, you think?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Nice one @gigatoaster ! I wonder if @MisterSavage has also finished hard mode ;-)

A hint to get the last trophy's like the dresses: play on easy mode and rush trough.

Only news I've seen is that the motion capture actors are hard at work so it's in full production, but a date... I hope 2021, but I have my doubts...

Reactions: gigatoaster
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.