MacViolinist

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2001
Texas
it's about friggin' time. the carbon version was really buggy and pretty much sucked. Sibelius is good, but not yet widely accepted for publication. now i can never boot to OS 9 again (well after October)

Comment

cheadley

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
Finally!!! I've been watching friends in the ministry switch to Peecees because that was cheap for their church, their churches were already full of beige boxes, and because the software we so desperately need for arranging each week only worked in Classic.

Agreed, the classic version was buggy and crashed often.

---------------------------------------
Quicksilver G4 933
PB Wallstreet G3 233
PowerMac 4400/200
PB 5300cs/100
Original Mac 128K

Comment

crenz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2003
Shanghai, China
Now Finale takes full advantage of Mac OS X’s functionality, ease of use and great beauty. A new reality in Finale 2004.

Beauty? They must be joking. Just check out the screenshot on the site. The tool bars look as if someone made a deliberate effort to make it look unlike any application on OS X I know.

*sigh*. At least I don't have to fire up OS 9 anymore.

Comment

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
three words

BOUT DAMN TIME.

i mean sweet jebus, coda, how long have we been waiting for you to get this show on the road? anyways, i'll definitely be getting this.

Comment

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Finale is the most ridiculous software program out there.

Sibelius software is so much more advanced - don't even both with Finale!

Comment

macomposer

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2002
Hopefully, the new version will exorcise the numerous bugs that have always existed in Finale. I've used it since 1991, and have stuck with it because of familiarity. If the new version is still problematic, though, I would finally consider a switch to Sibelius.

Comment

kickapoobd

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2003
Coda missed the boat

I switched to Sibelius a year ago. The ease of use was a true selling point. After the first month, I was faster notating in Sibeliius than Finale. All my Finale files transfered with ease.

You will love the print quality. No regrets leaving os 9!

Sorry coda. I'd love to send all my multi-book manuals back so you could turn them back into trees so you could save your sinking ship.
:p

Comment
too little, too late, Finale

Finale: :confused:

SIbelius: :D

I switched about a year ago and I can't believe how much more Mac-like Sibelius is. I do a lot of writing, and though basic note input is now similar, all the articulations, dynamics, rehearsal markings, etc are just better in Sibelius.

I remember the bad old days of having my reference manual, encyclopedia, addendum, and installation/tutorial manuals right there on my desk to search for what arcane, befuddling key combination did what. See ya, Coda. Why don't you take your free coffee mug with you.....

MFK

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.