Finally! A congressMAN who wants to do something about healthcare!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Jul 24, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...s-are-responsible-for-healthcare-bill-failure

Sigh! o_O Really?!

It's always about blaming somebody else with guys like this. It's not that they keep coming up with crappy plans that are pretty much toxic for most . It's not that they don't want to work with anyone else, or try :eek: compromise. It's the fault of someone else. I guess blaming the democrats that they didn't even invite to work on a plan wasn't working for this guy, so he's blaming his own. THE WIMMEN!!!!

Well, I still don't like his chances in a duel with any of those congresswomen, any more than the GoP coming up with a workable plan.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

a dildo dual at noon. the asshat has to use his own weapon. see who comes out walking funny.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That guy can barely walk without getting out of breath. How is he going to win a duel.

4. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Wimmen! Man! Wimmen! Don't you know? He's like that guy who asks his friends to hold him back no matter what. Then yells to someone that it's a good thing his friends are holding him back, or he'd show them.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why do republicans seem to have these weird kinds of issues? Not the first time I have heard of the duel thing, though it has been awhile. And then you thrown in things like legitimate rape, which this guy seems to have an issue with too. He was actually asked if he would still support Trump if he had raped someone, and he stuttered all over the place and said he would have to know the circumstances and consider it. Consider? If you knew for sure you'd still have to think about it? Ugh.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10/12/blake-farenthold-pushes-envelope-supporting-trump-/

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Oh good god.

7. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Farenthold is from a District with a population of about 700,000. He must feel pretty safe in 2018 to be making idiotic statements like this. I don't know it, but I bet a little bit of money towards a challenger would go a long way in his district. I mean, how hard can it be to unseat this Pillsbury Doughboy in a district which is 50% Hispanic and has a median income under the national median? Something tells me gutting healthcare for the poor and giving the savings to the rich won't be popular there...

8. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

And what did one of those women have to say?

After Reed referenced “crazy people in the House,” Collins asked: “Did you see the one who challenged me to a duel?” She was referring, of course, to Rep. Farenthold, who blamed three “female senators from the Northeast” for undermining the Republican healthcare bill.

“I know,” Reed replies. “Trust me. Do you know why he challenged you to a duel? ‘Cause you could beat the s— out of him.”

“Well, he’s huge,” Collins replies. “And he — I don’t mean to be unkind, but he’s so unattractive it’s unbelievable.”

“Did you see the picture of him in his pajamas next to this Playboy bunny?”

[​IMG]

Farenthold, for additional context, is also known for having once owned the website domain Blow-me.org.

Good times.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/sen-susan-collins-said-some-real-good-****-on-a-hot-mi-1797234943

9. chown33 macrumors 604

Wow, Alfred E. Neuman has really put on a few pounds since his youth...

[​IMG]

Those were the days my friend,
    We thought they'd never end,
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day.
    We'd live the life we choose,
    We'd fight and never lose,
    Oy yes, those were the meshuga days.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Why can't an Hispanic Dem from that district just run for that Farenthold seat and beat the pants off the guy? Do the Democrats not think of Hispanics as candidates, just voters? I find more reasons to question my party's logic the last few years. They're so hooked on star power for the top of the ticket that really even the House seats don't get the attention they deserve sometimes. Seems like that one could be a relatively easy pickoff if Dems leaned in on the guy.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Stupid is as stupid does.

Welcome to Texas.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I like her more with each passing day. :D

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

File under who knew? that MAGA meant morons are governing amer'ka.

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

15. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Ah! The old "attack the source" bit rises. Why bother actually checking ones' self to see if such a thing is true if one doubts the source?

Let's get to googling...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sued-by-a-former-aide/?utm_term=.69b402fc4efd

Ding! Ding! I'm sorry! :cool: The source is correct!

Just because one doesn't like some of the news from the source, it doesn't automatically invalidate the source, which in turn justifies invalidating the news. One can always you know, validate it themselves, if they want the real news.

Try to remember, the guy who's the inspiration for 'fake news', has his own running documented list of lies by a major metropolitan newspaper.

16. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I agree. From everything I'm reading and hearing, the Dems are finally appreciating the importance of HoR races - finally! It's not too late. They very well should identify a popular and charismatic local in that district and set them up for success. Like I said, I don't think it would take much. In the grand scheme of things, it's probably pennies compared to what they would have to spend in other districts.

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You misinterpret me. Jezebel has the tendency to replace information with random talking points. It is not a source of information, even when it happens to align with other sources. I don't expect them to always be wrong. It's just that I don't expect to learn anything from their take on any particular issue or event. Admittedly like every other source out there, there's some amount of variance in terms of the quality of output between writers.

The guy does sound like a jackass though.

18. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I didn't misinterpret. I'm one of those people who tends to side with Jezebel/Gawker side of things, especially their opinions & snark. I'm one of those people who was saddened when the Gawker network started getting the wide paint brush of hate, then executed by the Thiel funded ( By the way he isn't done, he's found new sites to fund his ire against ) Hogan case. The thing is, there isn't a set sites on the internet that don't get roasted for their style. It's that style that attracts, and repels. It's wrong for some, right for others. Often times though despite claims otherwise, Gawker's reporting was on the up & up, with the usual amount of failings we get from ( CNN, Fox ) other media. So I'm one to stand up for their editorial slant & snark ( especially on the recently added the Root ) and hope they keep get their reporting right & tight.

And yeah, he's a derp! What I found interesting though was how she knew about the pajama picture just off the top her head. That's kinda scary!

19. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That is also quite funny. It's not so much the snark. It's just mostly opinion often presented as information. Admittedly I don't tend to be a fan of feminist sites in general. I'm only aware of some of their articles, because I have been linked to them on a number of occasions.

20. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

See I've never had that problem. Granted Jezebel is a site geared towards women, but I got into reading the network of sites thru Kotaku & Gizmodo, which I've never noticed anything feminist about. Those are sites where info & opinion go hand in hand, but it's been pretty neutral I thought because it's info based. Yes, they are openly liberal, but so am I. It doesn't seem to affect the gaming, tech, auto, & sports sites to me. It's up to me to separate info from opinion, and they always post links to the sites that they based their article on, to make your own opinion. I would expect Jezebel to super pro feminist, that's their job. Just like I expect the Root to be very pro black. But to say sites like Jalopnik or Deadspin are feminist is an interesting interpretation, that I'd love to hear them respond to.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's not really geared toward women in general. It's geared toward feminists, and it tends to pick up some of their most nonsensical talking points. This is of course orthogonal to their overall credibility, as they could still have a similar slant while being informative.

I live in California, and I've lived in mostly very liberal parts of it. I have met feminists. Most of them aren't the walking cliches that are jezebel or scam artists like Sarkesian. I object to the fact these people tend to brand tabloid level nonsense as championing of women's rights.