Finally a non-Trump tweet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Obama should totally troll him and brag about his twitter ratings being better. :D

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ya trump got like 150,000 likes on his tweets..

I wonder why..

4. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

Obama should return as president for one last term to save America but sadly it will never happen and doubt he gives any crap other being happy to be out of the White House.

5. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Well he legally can't so that solves that issue.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

His wife should run, he can be vice and then have her step down.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Why would former President Obama sign up for the abuse of another term even if he could. He's a free black man now. Harry Truman was right about the White House being the crown jewel of the federal penal system.

8. zin Suspended

That's the guy who armed terrorists and wiretapped journalists. The current guy stopped arming terrorists and says mean things about journalists.

Said it before, I'll say it again: many people care more about marketing/the letter next to the name over anything else.

9. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think Obeezy's hair started to turn from graying back to dark again after leaving office. The job sucks the life out of a person.

Have you seen Trump's face? There are layers of bondo keeping that face together and it will only get worse lol.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Words matter. But keep on insisting Trump is "better."

11. zin Suspended

ACTIONS speak louder than words.

It's all marketing. He has a nice smile and you fawn over him like a celebrity instead of a politician. You're here actually trying to defend the guy who armed terrorists and wiretapped journalists over the guy who stopped arming terrorists and just says mean stuff about journalists.

The bubble you people live in. :rolleyes:

12. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

No, he can't be Vice President.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

I do no such fawning. You lose any credibility when you resort to such parlor tricks. The bubble we live in? Funny. Ironic/Hypocritical.

To borrow a phrase or two from you - I guess you're so blinded by your hate for Obama that you can't see any good and therefore anything he does is bad.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

He can't, but nice try ;)

15. zin Suspended

Trump condemns violence, Nazis, white supremacists, the 'alt-right' thugs, and the 'alt-left' thugs. Stops arming terrorists. It means he's defending Nazis and white supremacists. May even be one himself.

Obama arms terrorists that behead children and execute people in the street. It means he's a better person and I should like him and if I don't like him it just means I'm blinded by hate.

Never change. :rolleyes:

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Since I never said anything you suggested, it sounds like you have issues to work out. Are they giving out free straw men in the UK today?

17. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Ok, stop. Stop right there. There is a reason why everyone is up in arms after yesterday's statement. And you're continuing it here. It all falls down to this equation:

People who protest Nazis == Nazis​

If you are making this moral equivalency, then yes, you are on the wrong side. Violence is bad; let us agree on that and set it aside. Does that imply that the philosophical underpinning of the Nazis and those protesting the Nazis are on the same moral plane? Because that is what Donald Trump is now arguing.

18. zin Suspended

Donald Trump made no philosophical arguments. He condemned people who engaged in violence and condemned specific groups. You're hearing arguments that the man never made.

If you protest with violence, you get no sympathy from me. Doesn't matter what you're protesting for or against.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

On thread topic: Here's a non Trump tweet. Hope Hicks is now interim Comms Dir at the WH.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/897836894691700736

HopeHIcksInterimReplacementScaramucci.jpg

An elaboration, naming 5 prior holders of that spot in this White House, so far.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/16/hope-hicks-interim-communications-director-241697

Hicks, a longtime Trump aide, replaces former communications director Anthony Scaramucci, whose tenure lasted less than two weeks. She is the fifth person to be named to the position.

Former press secretary Sean Spicer twice doubled as communications director in addition to his primary role as the top White House spokesman. Mike Dubke resigned from the post in May. Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller was originally offered the position, but he stepped down on Christmas Eve to focus on his family.​

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You're miss remembering recent history. Already trying to rewrite history that isn't a week old yet? Annotated for the history learning impaired.

21. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Sucks when you draw the short straw. She's got a lot to live down to.

22. zin Suspended

I'm very sorry. It was my understanding that the Nazis, white supremacists, and ANTIFA thugs were all covered by a universal condemnation of violence.

Why do you believe only one side perpetrating violence should be condemned? Do you believe their violence was justified based on what they were protesting against?

23. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Nope... he can no longer hold any office that put's him in line for succession to the role or POTUS.
    He is constitutionally barred from ever holding the office of POTUS.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I know that, just playing off of the Hillary Bill presidential re-run. Seems I should have added a smiley.

25. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Thankfully not many outside of the cancerous social media give a flying **** about how many retweets someone gets.