Finally after a year of holding out the Macbook had come to my house!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrplough, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mrplough macrumors member

So instead of ordering online, I went to the store picked up a Macbook 15", the 2.66 Ghz one and a canon MP620 and an ipod touch (both getting rebates totaling 359). Selling the touch of course since I have an iphone. Printer haven't opened it yet. OMG soon as I saw the mac, i fell in love the sheer size of it was something my mind could not comprehend. MY other 15" ASUS looked like a beast. It's blistering fast. Its taking at bit of time for em to get used to since I have been a long time windows user. Don't really understand the description of shortcuts the arrow, the weird symbols. But its ok; finding that out is the cool part. And I wrote a small hello world program in an editing program then compiled it in terminal and fell in love again. Overall i'm extremely happy. Still have a lot of things to learn but I am eager. I am contemplating whether to load vista or xp, or for now just holding out for windows seven to run vmfusion. Don't worry this is just for some school based apps that are only on windows. I will not be booting into windows ever again. 1 second sleep/wake, 5 second shutdown... enough said

Btw does anyone know of an application that does video chat with audio for msn accounts?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

This might help you out:

Mac 101

Mercury messenger or amsn do the role of video chatting for msn if you really need it (both are a bit buggy and slow), Microsoft is supposed to be releasing a new version of its own MSN messenger that will have built in video and audio chat, but when that comes around, we just don't know.

If you find those apps a bit on the slow side, you can try Adium, which is a heavily customisable app, very lightweight, easy to use and setup. Or you can sitll use the current version of MSN for Mac.

If you have any further questions, go to this page first MacRumors Guides or check google, chances are your question will have been asked 1000 times before, and there will be an answer easily available.

Enjoy your mac.

3. mrplough thread starter macrumors member

Thanks bud.
    I am using Adium right now. But that doesn't have any audio/video. I guess ill just use my google acount with ichat for now

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Oh yeah sorry forgot to mention that :p

I use Adium just because I've rarely found the need for video chat, there's some pretty awesome themes and things for adium over at www.adiumxtras.com