Finally i’m an 8plus again!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kawa636r, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Amen and I could not be more happy with my Apple stock’s performance.

2. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

You are correct. These group of people as you know are all over these forums blasting iPhone X and announcing their returning the X to 8 plus. Their threads are becoming so annoying.

The 8 plus and 8 are old technology and design. If you have 7 plus, getting 8 plus is not a real upgrade due to minimal changes in the phone and unchanged design. No biggie. The design itself is 4 years old. Hence, the price reflects this old design and the minimal changes.

The better way to treat these annoying threads is to ignore them completely. Do not read and comment on them.

3. jimmy_uk macrumors regular

jimmy_uk

But here you are commenting despite your annoyance and advice to ignore threads like this.

The 8 series is an old design physically but not internally. Plus getting a fresh battery on new device is a big thing for some so the upgrade can be justified. Also selling your 1 year old phone will see a better return than waiting 2 years in my opinion.

4. skylarn macrumors newbie

skylarn

Old technology or not, people paying $1000+ for a phone deserve to be happy with it. I’m still undecided about whether I will keep the X or go to the 8 plus, but if I do switch I won’t feel guilty about it or inferior to those who “could handle the change.” Sure, the 8 and 8 plus may very well be the last of their kind, but that’s no reason not to enjoy them for one more year rather than be forced to adapt to something that hasn’t been perfected yet. We all know the next X will be marginally better than the first version. Some want in on the new tech early and others prefer to wait. Both choices are perfectly acceptable.

5. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I would think the same thing. Truly if they did fail they would still say this. However, the bought the company that made the Kinect 4 years ago so they were clearly working on this for a while. I’m sure they have a department working on fp under the screen as well. I imagine they run several prototypes for each iPhone release as well. They have to run with contingencies and making sure multiple technologies could be used. As stated a while ago, I imagine if the phone flopped and everybody hated faceid you’d see touchid return. Since that wasn’t the case you can see the rumors heading for the iPad switchover. This is a 900 billion dollar company. They manage risk better than most and would in no way run with a biometric tech that they thought was not ready. Heck, maybe the under the screen tech was meant for the 8.

6. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Glad you can do so much with the ears, on my X they were just chunks of screen that looked stupid using full screen zoom on videos. Not using full screen do your comparison again, and enjoy your X great phone, just not for me. My 8 plus feels dated hardware wise but overall better phone, for me.

7. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

8+ it is simply better.
    stop telling other things

8. skylarn macrumors newbie

skylarn

I have to say, I’m not impressed with the X’s battery life. At all. And my charger doesn’t even work. I used it once and now it only works if I get it twisted just the right way and then don’t breathe near it.

9. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

neither me

10. TM0iPHONEx macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

I just can't see it.

My X next to an 8 makes the 8 look completely dated and the screen laughable.

To each his own I guess.

People giving up on a device after a few days cause they expect to get used to a new design concept right away.

Better screen? The X takes that hands down. Not even an argument to be made

Better keyboard? Selective, I see zero difference

Better battery? Selective

My face id works fine and I can't ever see myself going back to pushing a button.

Its just a superior device to me

Like I said though, to each his own.

My battery life has been stellar

Enjoy it.

11. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

are you comparing to plus?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    8plus has got:

bigger display with real colours
    a lot better battery
    a lot better keyboard
    full status bar
    better gestures (i actually loose 3x time to close apps on x)
    better price
    speed (for some reason 8+ on 11.2 seemed a lot faster than this x)
    no mitch and vídeo shown with the right ratio

12. TM0iPHONEx macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

Yes but everything your saying is in your opinion.

The only fact out of everything is the display, which the X is completely better. Side by Side, its so obvious.

I'll never get past the wasted space on the top and bottom of the plus. Its a brick in a pocket, in my opinion

I just don't believe someone can keep a phone for a week that is completely different style wise and automatically be adjusted. I've had androids in the past so it was a seamless switch for me. I believe if they stick with the phone, in the end it will be so seamless, that they won't wanna go back to a phone that has basically " looked " the same since the 6. It's just dated to me.

Is the 8 plus a great device, sure.. but saying its better then the X, is subjective.. highly..

13. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

If I didn’t know better I would think it was Apples own people trying to bash the X to help get more people the buy 8 and 8 plus stock that’s just sitting on shelves while the X and 7. And 7 plus are moving. Lmao.

14. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

Then the X must be old technology too!

15. LarryJoe33 macrumors 6502a

LarryJoe33

Any proof you actually owned the X OP?????

16. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

The X is a new design, I have stated this before that it will become old rather sooner than later as any other product before it has. We then one day will say how did “we” ever live with a notch or such a narrow phone or Color shifting or whatever the case may be!

17. Pascal325 Suspended

Watch this video. It isn't that much better.

Nothing is more advanced on the X except FaceID and OLED.

18. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Exactly, this is the reason I could never do the 8 plus and phone before . I’m already at that stage. Like how could I have been happy carrying such a big phone.

19. darksoul78644 macrumors member

darksoul78644

Agree

20. Pascal325 Suspended

Umm what? Anyone who buys an 8 plus can afford the X. The X owners think theirs is the best and it isn't. And your proof of that for posting wrong info.

Again, the X does not have a better battery. The 8 plus kills it in TESTS. Posted again below.
    The 8 plus has the larger, more usable, and more accurate display. Pics below.
    FaceID is not secure (less secure).

https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Apple-iPhone-X-Review_id4441/page/4

iphonexvs8plus.JPG

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-battery-life,news-26068.html

$.jpg

649278-7c78763527eb8803191f74524b512277.jpg 649277-3dce0681a5c57f81ec479c527d329a7d.jpg
    N
    And you are blinded. See the facts above in my previous post.
    No sir, he stated the facts not opinion.

21. skylarn macrumors newbie

skylarn

Face ID is for sure less secure. My 1 year old baby who looks pretty much exactly like a baby version of me can unlock my phone with her face. None of my other kids can though. But she has multiple times already.

22. TM0iPHONEx macrumors newbie

TM0iPHONEx

Lol give me a break.

I don’t care what websites say.

I prefer my own real world experience with phones.

If your happy with that 3 year old design and wanna live in the world that believes the screen is better then the X. By all means.

In the end your happy. That’s all that matters

They make the 8 for people that don’t want change. That can’t move on from the past 3 cycle designs. So that’s a plus

23. Pascal325, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Pascal325 Suspended

Believe what you want, I posted the facts. Your opinion is not correct and just correcting it. It is better than the X for color accuracy and less issues. Erica Griffin just did the color test on them and said it herself. They make the 8 for people who don't want a Beta product that has tons of issues.

Need I say more?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/9/16631596/apple-iphone-x-cold-weather-screen-bug-software-update

24. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Why can't apple apply the way the ipad does swipe up to pull up the control center + switch apps to all IOS devices? Why can't apple give us the option to use ALL of the non home button gestures that are on the X on all IOS devices?

WHY?!
    Doesn't the X and 8+ have almost identical cameras and processors?

25. PBz macrumors 65816

PBz

Looks at that beautiful purple sky.

Attached Files: