Finally I have my 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Finally I have my gold 5s yesterday. So when I get home I connect my wi-fi and started to program the things that I needed and got iCloud back and running with most of my information only. Out 200 plus pics I only got 21 and in my contacts all my numbers did not appear. What is the purpose of backing up the phone manually if we are not going to get everything that we had on our previous phone? Other than that I'm enjoying the 5s.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you still have your old phone, use your computer to backup and restore.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I noticed this.

Normally it works fine, this is the first time my backup did not restore correctly on my new phone.

4. eizen macrumors newbie

That's why I use the iTunes backup instead. I believe it supports a larger backup vs iCloud

5. eecyclone macrumors regular

eecyclone

I use iTunes backup instead of iCloud backup for exactly this reason. I know that the iTunes backup will restore everything exactly like I had it. I don't trust iCloud backup.

6. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Thank you I did that this morning.

----------

I agree.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've restored both via iTunes Backup and iCloud Backup and they're essentially the same. Of course the iTunes Backup is a lot faster since iCloud has to redownload everything - even the apps you had. As far as the pictures, I ran into a similar situation but I noticed that it wasn't done downloading the entire camera roll. My iCloud back-up is 12GB, so I knew it would take time. I use both just in case something happens to my iTunes backup and also, I'll know that the iCloud back-up is the most recent should anything happen.