Finally it made it to the IOM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akjs2396, Sep 24, 2012.

1. akjs2396 macrumors member

Well, my 64GB finally arrive today on the Isle of Man, yes disappointed it didn't arrive Friday but at least it's here!

Happy to report no issues at all and successfully cut down my SIM as our local carrier has not got any nano's yet.

Impressions, wow it's light compared to my old 4 and man it's fast! The screens so bright I'm amazed at the difference. Yes I'm annoyed as all about the dock connector mainly though as I've already forked out £80 for a car cradle and ill have to again now, that an having to make sure I carry the new cable around until AAPL have stock of the adapters but I suppose it had to happen at some point.

All in all, really happy :)

2. darngooddesign, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

darngooddesign macrumors G3

I was there in 07 for the 100th anniversary races, have a mate who lives in Port Erin. I was sad to see that Apple Maps has you guys under cloud cover. Hopefully they'll update that soon. Mine won't be 4G compatible in the UK, so how is the 3G coverage under manx Telecom?

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I'm waiting on my iPhone 5 to arrive here in Jersey. A friend of mine from the UK pre-ordered one for me and posted it today by next-day Special Delivery. I'm beyond excited. :)

4. akjs2396 thread starter macrumors member

I saw that cloud too, and the satellite view maps are really bad for here, the normal road maps are quite good though.

3G is generally really excellent here, much better than 02 when I'm back across, I did speed test earlier and was getting about 5.5 meg so it's pretty good, LTE isn't due here until early next year unfortunately but something to look forward to.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

IRC it took a while for Google to high high detail images of the island.