Finally Replaced My iPhone 4 Battery (That Was Easy!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spectrum Abuser, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Aug 27, 2011
    Out of the nearly three years of ownership of my iPhone 4 I had always assumed that the battery was more trouble than its worth to replace. At this point, though, I couldn't take the lack of actual battery capacity anymore as I still used my iPhone 4 as an iPod. With the WiFi on and Pandora streaming you'd be lucky to get two hours of background music before recharging. Last week I ordered a replacement on Amazon for a grand total of $4 and it even included the screw driver to open the iPhone. After a quick YouTube video, three tiny screws, and about ten minutes of trial and error my phone was back up and running with a fresh battery.

I should of done this well over a year ago when I first noticed that my battery was beginning to fail. It would of saved a lot of trivial charging. If anyone else is noticing that their old phones aren't holding a charge like they used to it probably isn't the latest iOS, but the fact that the lithium cells are past their recommended charge cycles.
  2. OneMike macrumors 603

Oct 19, 2005
    Yes battery replacement is easy and if you have an original iPhone 4 you likely have regular Phillips head screws rather then pentalobe so even easier.