Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
Being a recent switcher with an out-of-comission DV cam, I haven't had any time to play around with Final Cut Pro. But after filming some humorous diving board-ing today with my friend's camera, I imported the footage into FCP. WOW! I am used to using Premiere on my XP machine, which in turn means I am used to being VERY frustrated. I was expecting my Mac experience with video editing to be much of the same, yet *some* improvement. Was I mistaken... not only is Final Cut very intuitive for a Pro application, it is very powerful. It did everything I wanted it to-- the first time. I'm sure all you familiar with video editing with OSX are aware of this, but it just blew me away! I am so happy that this works wonderfully, even on my Powerbook. The only lag I noticed was when I had Photoshop running in the background (another awesome thing about FCP is it's wonderful integration with Photoshop files!), and even that was better than Premiere performance on my PC. Thank you Apple, you have made my day. Plus, now I can impress all my friends with such a tight movie (now wishing I had opted for the SuperDrive).

timdeleware

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2004
Detroit, MI
have you ever used after effects?

i am wondering, because i hate it and have wanted to replace it for some time now. i use it to compile animations (2d), and am dying to use something else, but i can't figure out what.

i bought fcp express, and its all crazy, probably because i've been brainwashed by adobe. but a grand is a load to blow on something if i can't find the kind of features i need.
if motion is going to be like afx, does this mean fcp doesn't have capabilities similar? i know there is quite a bit of overlap-in terms of functionallity in the two adobe programs, i was just wondering if this was true of fcp.

anyway, just thought i d see if you know since all my bonehead buddies use afx as well (unless they use premie ugh...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.